+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Hardware Thread, Virgin Super Hub. Anything I should know? in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk Put it in modem only mode and use a third party one. The super hub is ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Put it in modem only mode and use a third party one. The super hub is unstable, unreliable and useless in my experience.
    Fully agreed, have done likewise, putting a cisco router in between

hit
    Thank Post
    Have received a letter inviting me to logon and arrange delivery of my superhub, the site says they will post it but when I go to the order page it insists I book an engineer! What the hell do I need an engineer for? Im pretty sure i can hook up a new modem (plus I don't want them poking around my cab and breaking things).

It was handy that I logged on though, found that they are ripping me off big time, TiVo package is £10 a month cheaper than the mish-mash of products I have ended up with over the years, charges for phone calls to geographical numbers which should be included, charges to a virgin mobile number we have which should be included, I'm going to have a great time on the phone tomorrow

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hit View Post
    Have received a letter inviting me to logon and arrange delivery of my superhub, the site says they will post it but when I go to the order page it insists I book an engineer! What the hell do I need an engineer for? Im pretty sure i can hook up a new modem (plus I don't want them poking around my cab and breaking things).

It was handy that I logged on though, found that they are ripping me off big time, TiVo package is £10 a month cheaper than the mish-mash of products I have ended up with over the years, charges for phone calls to geographical numbers which should be included, charges to a virgin mobile number we have which should be included, I'm going to have a great time on the phone tomorrow
    I really wish I could just leave them as feeling a bit ripped off myself, looking at the leaflet they charge £50 a month and you get

* Tivo box ( 500 gb )
    * 60 mb broadband
    * evening and weekend telephone

I currently have

* 60 mb broadband
    * V+ HD Box
    * Evening and weekend phone calls and am paying £50 a month yet they refuse to give me a tivo box, been with them since Feb 2011

Seems like existing customers are treated like dirt yet new customers get all the new goodies - not sure what you have to do to get the new stuff. Can't at the min swap to anyone as BT want quite a bit of money to have a BT Line put in

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hit View Post
    An engineer is needed to visit for the higher speed packages, as they need to adjust things in the street cabinets - at least that's the explanation I was given.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I really wish I could just leave them as feeling a bit ripped off myself, looking at the leaflet they charge £50 a month and you get

* Tivo box ( 500 gb )
    * 60 mb broadband
    * evening and weekend telephone

I currently have

* 60 mb broadband
    * V+ HD Box
    * Evening and weekend phone calls and am paying £50 a month yet they refuse to give me a tivo box, been with them since Feb 2011

Seems like existing customers are treated like dirt yet new customers get all the new goodies - not sure what you have to do to get the new stuff. Can't at the min swap to anyone as BT want quite a bit of money to have a BT Line put in
    yeah and if you try to close your account to open a new one they will charge, if you ever need to change the user on the account you will need to pay......

When my older box "broke" recently they offered me a tivo box instead, and moved the v+Hd upstairs.

Thank Post
    The wireless on my superhub seems to be a tad faulty , sometimes requires me to reboot it !

Ive just bought a belkin n1 ( £11 off of ebay brand new )

and plan to shove the SH into modem mode !

Im also thinking along the lines of Fiber from both my server and PC to my HP gigabit switch ..( i have a couple of GBIC's which i got very cheap ! )But unsure on the benefit !
    Last edited by 2097; 29th May 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    all i can say about the super hub is it is a waste of time. i set port forwarding reset it rebooted the router factory resets the lot port forwarding wouldnt work. and there are plently of other people with the same issue its not just me. also the Wi-Fi is rubish from them. not to mention there a problems with the auto channel selector.

hit
    Thank Post
    Have just been to the local virgin media shop and complained about the stuff in my previous post, so they are getting an engineer out on an early morning visit, upgrade to TiVo, relocate my V+ box, fit and setup the super hub all free of charge and because of the mis-charging of calls they are refunding all of the phone charges for the last year and giving me the XL package for half price for 6 months as if I were a new customer!

Now, who says that VM customer service sucks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345