+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, IWB document cameras in Technical; Our Head of English has just asked me to look into pen-like camera devices which you can point at someone's ...
    Thank Post

IWB document cameras

Our Head of English has just asked me to look into pen-like camera devices which you can point at someone's work and have the image beamed onto an whiteboard (presumably using bluetooth or a USB wireless receiver). Apparently they had some at his previous school.

I'm not even sure what search terms I should be using to look for such a device.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for, have any experience of such items or even better have any recommendations?

Thank Post
    whilst i don't advise buying from this source, perhaps these descriptive terms will be useful...

Mini 2.4G Wireless USB Pen Microscope Video Endoscope Otoscope [TS-8644] - $215.90 : TomStore.ca, More for less

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the next incarnation of the 5 webcams-on-a-stick-costing-150+ "visualisers".

Also look up mobile visualisers - lumens are a popular brand of this particular type of rip-off article.
    For instance : Lumens Dc-a11 Dca11 Wireless Document Camera Accessory - Visualisers - by Lumens - Wireless Document Camera Accessory - Buy from Tekshop247.com

(Please note, I will stand by my comments about visualisers being a complete waste of money, however these do have far more practical use in schools)

Gaz

Thank Post
    We have Promethean Actiview camers and they really are just glorified webcamera on a stick
    You'd be best just getting a webcam and something like this to hold it. Clamp, Lab Equipment, Swivel Clamp, Buret Clamp

Thank Post
    Agreed regarding Promethean.

We went for Elmo. Still expensive but significantly better.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

@Oaktech, I guess that's exactly the sort of thing he's seen, but I'm struggling to find UK stock from anywhere other than Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    (Please note, I will stand by my comments about visualisers being a complete waste of money, however these do have far more practical use in schools)
    I agree, and judging by the English department's unwillingness to splash out much more than a two figures for one, to an extent so do they.

He did say that those at his previous school were just sitting in a box somewhere, so I've suggested that he contacts them and if they've still got them and aren't using them, to ask if he can at least borrow one so we can see what they're like, then if they like them, make a token offer to take one or two off their hands. I think I've dissuaded him for now.
    Last edited by this_is_gav; 12th March 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Weird formatting :/

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread