+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Dim Sanyo projectors in Technical; Anyone had problems with the Sanyo PLC-XE30 projectors? We’ve got 2 that are just over a year old and now ...
    Thank Post

Dim Sanyo projectors

Anyone had problems with the Sanyo PLC-XE30 projectors? We’ve got 2 that are just over a year old and now starting to go dim despite only having 1500 hours on the clock in eco mode. The other 3 that were fitted at the same time are ok. I’ve had dealings with the Sanyo SW35 projectors and we ended up replacing them with Epsons.

Thank Post

Cool sanyo xe31

change the lamp
    Last edited by Diello; 16th January 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Thank Post
    There are several reasons that cause dimming of projected image before end of expected lamp life, i would be pleased to go through this with you if you want to ring me Marc 01472 236221 ( i am a projector engineer).

Marc

Thank Post
    Hi,we used to have sw20's and they were getting dim despite new bulbs, inside the projectors are mirrors and lenses which get covered in film of dust, i used to service them myself (quoted 150 for service)until they got to the point when the image was dull around the outside of image projected,this was due to 1 or more of the lenses getting burnt due to the intensity of the heat generated from the lamps, unfortunately you cant buy the lenses individually you have to buy the complete unit which costs not far of the price of a new projector.

Thank Post
    We've had a few Sanyo projectors that went dim then after a bit spectacularly blew up the lamp sending dust and crap everywhere.

Beware - change that lamp ASAP!

HBJB

Thank Post
    Hello, I'm a bit new to this.
    I have a NEC VT575 projector that produces a very dull image onto a whiteboard. I've tried all the stuff in the manual to no avail. The bulb is registering 48% life left. Can anyone offer any advice.

Thank Post
    Projectors almost always can be revived, the most damage is done when lamps are run past the change time, most lamps should be changed at around 2500 Hrs regardless of what the claims might be, Projector lamps are of the ARC type and consume large amounts of current this goes up with age and will damage the projector if left beyond the change time, many lamps are left in till they dont light any more this WILL damge the projector, check your lamp hours and change lamps at 2500, i know some of you will say mine will do 4000 hrs but trust me changing at 2500 is cheaper in the long run giving you longer projector life. It is also important to have them deep cleaned by approved engineers, i have seen a lot of companys offering this service but please always ask if they are approved.
    There are also many projectors available and i have seen so often the wrong projector is supplied for the job also on going costs should always be taken in to account as some lamps are very very expencive to replace, and some projectors need more in the way of cleaning than others.
    I would always be pleased to offer help and advice i have worked (repaired and serviced) 1,000s of projectors.

Marc

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,520 Posts
    Thanks for the constructive input Marc and for clarifying your situation with me by PM.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanks new lamp works fine

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread