+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Printers missing letters in Technical; Morning, I have a strange problem around school where some of my printers have started missing letters out, its weird. ...

Thank Post

Printers missing letters

Morning,

I have a strange problem around school where some of my printers have started missing letters out, its weird. I went to one of the printers and tried it yesterday and it was weird... i printed out the word test 100 times and it removed the t and the s. I rebooted the print server and it solved it but its come back. The only thing I can think of thats changed is that I had to move the hyper-v to another drive and it installed some updates, which I need to have a look through.

Anyone else seen this. .. it seems to different printers HP 5400 and a HP 7000 up to now.

Thank Post
    I have had this problem but with only a couple of brother printers we have. They decided that they would miss random letters throughout the document. After some testing and alot of fiddling around I noticed that it was only happening with the font Calibri in Office 2010. All others seemed to work fine. Downloaded the latest version of the driver and all was fine after that.

Just a thought. Hope it helps you out.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EvLPhenom View Post
    I have had this problem but with only a couple of brother printers we have. They decided that they would miss random letters throughout the document. After some testing and alot of fiddling around I noticed that it was only happening with the font Calibri in Office 2010. All others seemed to work fine. Downloaded the latest version of the driver and all was fine after that.

Just a thought. Hope it helps you out.
    Interesting, I updated Outlook to 2010 on the machines but left the rest at 2007.. wonder if thats messed up. The printer drivers are up to date so I can't do anything with that.

Thank Post
    Will have a look at the print server when I have 5 mins and let you know if I did anything else that might be helpful. Potentially some tweaks to the driver to get it working. I've been asleep since I had this problem and can't remember what else I may have done.

Thank Post
    Your right, it was Calibri that was the issue. I removed the advance features tickbox on all the K5400 printers in school and it 'seems' to have solved it... or I could just tell everyone to change the font.

Thank Post
    Exactly what I have done on my printers that were effected. Just checked and came back on here to say that. I have told a couple of people to not use it but people still do so I ended up leaving the advanced features off. Least you got it working

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread