+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Personal laptop in Technical; Think this is a perfect laptop, we had a few teacher buy them now through my recommendation and they love ...

Thank Post
    Think this is a perfect laptop, we had a few teacher buy them now through my recommendation and they love it. Really nice feel to it. Asus X53E Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

Thank Post
    then double the memory for 32 Corsair 4GB DDR3 1066MHz/PC3-8500 Laptop Memory SODIMM.. | Ebuyer.com

what more could you ask for

Thank Post
    I picked up one of these a couple of months back - Buy Asus UL30/A32a netbook 13.1 inch 3gb 320gb win7 at Morgan Computers using a 10% off code like 'SALE5' (that may still work if you are luck, I was). I ended up with a fairly small light laptop, with great build quality, amazing battery life, Win7 Home Premium, and costing 225, and it still had the original 1 year warranty that had never been registered. Ok, it is not the most powerful machine, but for the money, it's nice to use and the 10 hour+ battery life is quite simply amazing, also very loud loud speakers too, much better than any other laptop I've used (and I see a lot of laptops at work...). Highly recommended.

Thank Post
    I'm looking to replace my aging and a bit worn out acer 5520g, which has been bloody brilliant, I've been looking at either an HP probook, because i need it to be made of stronger stuff than most home use laptops, but they are pretty big money (the spec i'm looking at is ~700) and having played with quite a few laptops for people recently, If you are looking at any HP machines then steer well clear of the G series as they appear to be really fragile, and also the toshiba satellite series, as they are very plasticy and despite what looks like good specs on the box they all seem to be dog slow (we've had 3 staff members bring them in for BYOD settings and they scored lower in the windows experience ratings at merely days old, than my 4 year old acer does)

The current suprise seems to be the samsung range, particularly the series 3, we bought 10 of them for one of our offsite training centres, they were 300 each by the time we had applied a 180 cash back offer from BT business. we expected to get them back loads with faults and breaks as they are being used by phys-ed students who are not renowned for their finesse with electronics and so far we have had one back with a keytop pulled off!

Well worth looking at the RF511 that has been mentioned already, or the cheaper option, NP300E5A-A02DX which is 479 from PC world, or less if you
    google!

I've just googled and come back with this...

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1078...FYgifAodMHMG4A

which is offering it at 394 inc vat.
    Last edited by Oaktech; 15th February 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What do people think of the Dell vostro 3550?

Core i3 with HD 6630M
    Last edited by nicholab; 28th February 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From a quality point of view I have never found a good Acer anything, everything I have ever seen from them has been second or third rate. Get a reputable brand HP, Dell and try of the business lines if you want something to last. Also stay away from Alienware as they are as reliable as a Chinese space rocket.

7. Thanks to SYNACK from:

mac_shinobi (28th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    From a quality point of view I have never found a good Acer anything, everything I have ever seen from them has been second or third rate. Get a reputable brand HP, Dell and try of the business lines if you want something to last. Also stay away from Alienware as they are as reliable as a Chinese space rocket.
    It come with special engrish manuarl

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12