+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Laser Cutter in Technical; We use a HPC LAser cutter, fantastic machine. We have also never had a problem, so worth Checking out. We ...

Thank Post
    We use a HPC LAser cutter, fantastic machine. We have also never had a problem, so worth Checking out. We praticaly use ours none stop. I keep meaning to have ago at engraving our macbooks.

laser engraving machines laser cutting machines, HPC laser LTD

Thank Post
    Can anyone give me a bit of a hand with this issue I'm having...
    I've got a Spirit laser cutter, but unfortunately I'm having problems printing from 2d Design.

The printer is connected via USB & is recognised ok - when I print to it the job disappears from the list of print jobs, but the LCD on the lasercutter still displays "Empty file". Am I missing a step here?!

Thanks!

Thank Post
    whenever we have had this problem it has been a turn off of the PC, a turn off of the laser cutter, a turn on of the laser cutter, then a turn on of the PC that has fixed it. The only difference being that ours is paralell connected.

rad
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB_NI View Post
    Can anyone give me a bit of a hand with this issue I'm having...
    I've got a Spirit laser cutter, but unfortunately I'm having problems printing from 2d Design.

The printer is connected via USB & is recognised ok - when I print to it the job disappears from the list of print jobs, but the LCD on the lasercutter still displays "Empty file". Am I missing a step here?!

Thanks!
    We have had this with a new laptop. Try as her @Oakteck but also try installing onto a different USB port. A combination of things made our Laser cutter work

Thank Post
    Hi matey, I use the same machine but ours Is serial. The machine we have sometimes needs to be reset by the power. The machine also has to be ready in the control panel. You have to make sure the machine is not paused and ready to use. I've had it before with ours that the driver is not pointing to the correct port ie USB instead of serial in the case of ours. Best bet try the machine on a standalone machine. But it should be simple as print then it starts. Hope that helps. I'm not an ict buff I'm a technology teacher

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brad82 View Post
    Its an absolute headache to set up..
    We have the same machine, but just need to install it as a printer and it works fine..

What part of your setup is a headache?

Thank Post

Laser cutter

Hey hey,

I'm a teacher in a Walsall school And use a laser pro mercury 25w machine. It's fab, with it being 6 years old and still on it's first laser tube the machine is still going strong. The thing is that the cheap water cooled china machines are ok I suppose but from a maintenance point of view your better with an rf co2 laser machine. They have a longer laser tube life and a more reliable cooling system.

For example a water cooled laser cutter (china) usually have a tube life of 1500 - 3000 hours depending on power settings. These then have to be changed as the power the tube delivers then gets reduced due to the tubes wear and tear. You also have to consider the water cooler. I've been to a friends school with on of these and it's a fish pump in a bucket of water. From a teacher point of view this is bad and prone to issues.

Laser pro tend to use synrad rf co2 tubes and they claim to have a life of 40,000 hours life. But check what tube is in.

Now the laser pro machines are expensive but wow amazing and reliable we paid £12k for ours I believe but it's not needed a penny spent on it in the 6 years we've had it. An estimation on the laser tube hours ours has to be around 5000 hours. From time to time the mirrors need cleaning and the honeycomb bed vacuuming.

Hope that helps but if you need any more info on our machine ask. Ps speak to the uk laser pro agent they are cheaper than technology supplies.

Phil

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12