+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Can anyone recomend a 3D Projector? in Technical; Afternoon all, Does anyone have any experiace of using 3D Projectors? I'm looking for recomendations... Cheers Ross...
    Thank Post

Can anyone recomend a 3D Projector?

Afternoon all,

Does anyone have any experiace of using 3D Projectors?

I'm looking for recomendations...

Cheers

Ross

Thank Post
    Home or commercial use? For commercial, my searching brought me to the LG CF3DA, which looks epic. 8.5k should be pretty good though.

On a more sensible budget, remember that you'll need to factor in the extra equipment when buying most 3D projectors. If you get a DLP link projector, you can setup a pretty cheap 3D home setup - you'll need active shutter glasses that connect to it. I wouldn't recommend an active setup in a school where the expensive glasses can be at risk.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean actual 3D (holographic style) or just cinema type thing with glasses? If the latter, most modern projectors seem to be able to do it, most notably the Casio LED ones.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Do you mean actual 3D (holographic style) or just cinema type thing with glasses? If the latter, most modern projectors seem to be able to do it, most notably the Casio LED ones.
    A lot of those are active 3D though, which is insanely expensive for a class of 30 and only going to end in tears when glasses are sat on and snapped. That LG one higher up looked to be passive, so a higher investment at first, but ongoing costs should be minimal by comparison - plus you have no worries about charging glasses, or people getting headaches from the flicker. Or epileptics, if it's a problem for them?

Thank Post
    That was my thought. I was asked to look into a school application of 3D after a rundown in a TES magazine, but the examples given in there were all for active systems. That's a nightmare in a school, surely. Passive would be fine - glasses are cheap, only special features needed are a quality mounting bracket and a silver screen.

Thank Post
    As far as i remember your only option will be to use the active system for 3D, passive projectors are not possible purely in the way they work, (passive uses 2 projectors side by side) so unless you have a lot of money (circa 15k) for the silver screen/2 projectors/ 3d controllers etc it sounds like a project that would be expensive if not out of reach for most.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nsilvo View Post
    As far as i remember your only option will be to use the active system for 3D, passive projectors are not possible purely in the way they work, (passive uses 2 projectors side by side) so unless you have a lot of money (circa 15k) for the silver screen/2 projectors/ 3d controllers etc it sounds like a project that would be expensive if not out of reach for most.
    That's where the LG model comes in - it is two projectors in one casing. I reckon you could do pretty well with 10k total spend, as these don't need the 3D controller - native 3D playback through HDMI like a 3D TV. Still a lot of cash!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread