+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, New switch - netgear GSM7328S in Technical; Hi guys, I have just invested in my first L3 switch.. woohooo. I intend to try and get some VLANS ...

Thank Post

New switch - netgear GSM7328S

Hi guys,

I have just invested in my first L3 switch.. woohooo. I intend to try and get some VLANS up and running in the following break, just starting off small with the security cameras. Has anyone used netgear stuff for Vlanning before? I've got my head round the ranges I am going to use and all the rest of the switches are L2 ones.

Comes with a free 10GB module also..... which will sit in my draw till I get the budget to buy another one 3 year NBD support too. Shame they couldn't swap it for 2 x GB modules instead which I could use now.

Thank Post
    I help support 2 schools who have had netgear switches installed over the last couple of years. We've had external companies come in to do the config of the switches / VLANS / L3 though (we've picked up bits and pieces along the way and between us could probably put it together but in short time frames it's so much safer to get it done by the experts!!).

Not that the above helps you mind....... :\

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    I help support 2 schools who have had netgear switches installed over the last couple of years. We've had external companies come in to do the config of the switches / VLANS / L3 though (we've picked up bits and pieces along the way and between us could probably put it together but in short time frames it's so much safer to get it done by the experts!!).

Not that the above helps you mind....... :\
    Do you have an idea on the rough cost of the external company, that was my intention initially but I don't have much budget left. Anything over 100 and I am stuck doing it myself.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Do you have an idea on the rough cost of the external company, that was my intention initially but I don't have much budget left. Anything over 100 and I am stuck doing it myself.
    about 800 a day......

Thank Post
    Well I got someone in eventually and what a waste of money it seems to have been. All CLI stuff which is a dark art unless you know the correct phrases. I can't get inter-vlan routing to work even though i have followed all the steps. Wish putty had recorded all the guys commands so I could cheat.

I have realised that netgear switches are weird.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread