+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Kyocera FS-3920DN Printer/Driver issue? in Technical; Does anyone else use these printers, i know they are very popular with managed print companies. Background: I have an ...

Thank Post

Kyocera FS-3920DN Printer/Driver issue?

Does anyone else use these printers, i know they are very popular with managed print companies.

Background:

I have an issue with 1 of these printers (i have 7) but 1 keeps saying processing on the screen and freezes, it then needs restarting and then it will work fine for a while, until it does it again. It has noe started giving a fault code F000, upon ringing Kyocera who usally are very good (althoug my estimation due to this issue has gone from good to very poor) advised me to change the driver from the KX universal driver (the one we use for every kyocera printer in the school) to the KPDL driver, due to the KX driver not being very good at rendering high quality images. OK i though would make sense as when the printer is failing the class is usally sending a large amount of publisher and powerpoint documents at it.

I have done this and it fails again (we dont get this on any other printer in the other ict rooms, and they all do the same work), this time giving the error code multiple times, after restarting the gui also starts to fail. Problem with the printer i think, so i ring Kyocera back and get passed through to someone who upon telling them the error code offeres to switch the printer out, i need to ring back as i havent filled in the online registration, once filled out log again.

So i ring back and get someone else, tell them the same info and the excus is that the printer simply doesnt like the job i am sending to it, now, im not being funny but in 10 years of doing this job i have never come across a printer that doesnt like to print certain things, drivers yes and these can be changed but the actual printer its self, no. So after a slightly heated argument i managed to get them to swap the printer out.

Which brings me back to my first question, does anyone else out there use these printers and if you do what drivers are you using as the list of Kyocera drivers is vast.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    We have just bought about 6 Kyocera FS-C5150DN printers. Installed the KX driver on both print servers, we have 2 Print Servers one is 2008 R2 the other is 2003 SP2. When I installed the KX driver on the 2003 server our Kyocera photocopier (on the 2003 box) stopped working from Windows 7 clients. It would print ok from the server but from a client it would ask you to update the driver. Since moving all the Kyocera's to the 2008 R2 we seem to have no problems (so far)??

Another interesting one, since installing the Kyocera KX driver the Icons on Windows Clients have changed for some of the printers that are on that server.
    Last edited by Davit2005; 12th January 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Thank Post
    We have loads of fs5015, 5110, 5200 and 1100, 1120 all running off s2008r2 print server and not had this issue with any of them, it is just this one 3920 that is causing the issue, that is what is annoying me.

The KX driver works fine for the other 50 printers we have so the Kyocera excuse of its the driver doesnt seem to work.

Thanks for your reply anyway but i think im just going to go with the swap out and see if this resolves the issue, ive popped a Samsung ML-3750 in the room at the minute which isnt anywhere are good as the FS-3920 but this hasnt had a single issue.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You know, i have 6 Kyocera printers and my only complaint is their drivers are bloomin awful!!

Thank Post
    We are completely Kyocera here 28x 2920dn 5x5200dn 5x1128MFP and 3x1020mfps but have had issues upon issues since migrating to W2k8r2/W7/CC4 - every couple of server restarts the printer queues die and they need to be recreated from scratch. This was no issue on CC3 and win XP!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread