+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, LED 2D to 3D conversion via the TV? in Technical; Just wondering if anyone has a 3D TV and has experienced the 2D to 3D conversion and would share their ...

Thank Post

LED 2D to 3D conversion via the TV?

Just wondering if anyone has a 3D TV and has experienced the 2D to 3D conversion and would share their thoughts on it.

Researched on the net, and its pretty hit and miss - some people say its good others say stay clear.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    I've got a Samsung 3d TV and i've not been impressed with the 2d to 3d feature. You can tell it's slightly 3d but i dont wear my glasses unless i'm watching a actual 3d film or 3d football, both of which are awesome. I would recommend 3d 100%.

I wouldn't bother buying films that were made in 2d and have been converted either because there rubbish!

Thank Post
    Cheers for reply @Millgate
    Do you have the actual sky 3d sports channels for footy, or is that converted from 2D?

Been asked the question, if using the 2D to 3D conversion will improve for example a Biology DVD of the human body etc

Thank Post
    I've got a Samsung 3D TV and it is very hit and miss with the 2D -> 3D conversion, in that sometimes you can notice a slight difference, but others it's just as flat as in the first place.

For laughs (as we got it around the Rugby World Cup time) we watched some of the matches using it, and sometimes, if the camera angle / lighting on the pitch was just right, it looked 3D, but most of the time, it didn't.

As said above, unless you have a 3D film/DVD and you're watching it through a 3D player on a 3D set, don't bother, it might add, but for the expense, is it really worth it, as you'd have to get glasses for the class too, which could get pricey (unless you buy a TV that uses passive glasses as there are a few places selling passive glasses fairly cheaply at the moment).

That would be my opinion anyway.

Thank Post
    Yes i have Sky 3d, there's only 1 channel but it has films, football, documentaries etc on it and it is really good. I watched Shrek 3d with my 4 year old nieces at the weekend and they loved it! Ha.

I don't think the 2d to 3d conversion would be as good as what your biology teacher is expecting. If you go into Currys or Comet, they'll be on display so you can have a look.

There's also ( as you probably already know ) passive 3d and active 3d. Passive 3d is what you get with the cheap glasses in the cinema and active glasses are a lot more expensive but seem to be better. I compared the two before i bought mine and ended up going with the active

Thank Post
    Blu-ray 3D with HDMI 1.4 amazing compare to the 2D to 3D up scale

Thank Post
    Thanks for posts guys.

It would be a passive TV that was purchased because of the cost of the glasses. I just think 3D is one of the latest Buzz words to hit education similar to the iPAD.

Ill bob to currys at some point and have a look - see if they will play the DVD in question, you never know. I still dont believe there is enough 3D content on the market at the moment to warrant a purchase, hence why the question about 2D to 3D conversion came up, which is probably fair enough.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    Thanks for posts guys.

It would be a passive TV that was purchased because of the cost of the glasses. I just think 3D is one of the latest Buzz words to hit education similar to the iPAD.

Ill bob to currys at some point and have a look - see if they will play the DVD in question, you never know. I still dont believe there is enough 3D content on the market at the moment to warrant a purchase, hence why the question about 2D to 3D conversion came up, which is probably fair enough.

Thanks
    I guess (to add to my previous) the advise would be if you're looking for a new TV for the department / school anyway, then it's worth while spending the money on the Passive 3D TV set as it's only really going to be a matter of time before things start coming out for stuff like the DNA Structure and what not, but if you're not planning on buying a new one and it would just be for using the 3D conversion stuff, then don't do it until they have some decent material out there for you to make use of.

Thank Post
    Just got a LG LED 3D and the 2d to 3d is as mentioned here is not that impressive, but watching a true 3D film from a usb drive and it's fantastic. Watched lion king with the kids other day and the animated wildlife seemed to be in the living room.

Thank Post
    50" LG 3d tv, the 2d to 3d isnt that good, certain programs look better than others, for some reason the apprentice looks good converted. wouldnt be my deciding factor on a tv tbh.

proper 3d channels and Blurays look great though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread