+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Which ID card printer to buy? in Technical; We use Datacard ones, ours are provided by central goverment type place as we use ours to print smartcards for ...

Thank Post
    We use Datacard ones, ours are provided by central goverment type place as we use ours to print smartcards for access to clinical systems as well as ID cards. They make a racket and do play up for us but its our system not the printer. They are good at what they do, not sure on costs etc as ours is an old machine, probably some 10+ years old, have 5 of them sat in the office that we swap around when one plays up!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTayler View Post
    Digital-ID was the website that we got it from I believe (or at least where we are buying our peripherals for it from).
    I recommend them - really good service and quite cheap...
    Another vote for DigitalID from us here - We got a CIM Sunlight K3, probably printed 500+ cards in the past 2 years, worth every penny and any problems simple ring DigitalID and they sort them straight out

rad
    Thank Post
    We have a Javelin card printer. It works no problem. Each new year it has to do about 550 cards, not all at one time but dont really have any issues with it.

Thank Post
    We upgraded in the summer to a Zebra ZXP series 3 and it has been perfect, it links to the SQL database too so pulls all information from that for the staff and sixth form.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dobsonl View Post
    Another vote for DigitalID from us here - We got a CIM Sunlight K3, probably printed 500+ cards in the past 2 years, worth every penny and any problems simple ring DigitalID and they sort them straight out
    The rep that I have spoken to at DigitalID even sent me a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year e-mail! Now that's what I call Customer Service!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTayler View Post
    The rep that I have spoken to at DigitalID even sent me a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year e-mail! Now that's what I call Customer Service!
    I went with DigitalID after the recommendations on here. Delivery was excellent but their after service is doing my head in... and they have a premium rate number for support at £1.50 a minute. I think its a common issue nowadays... if someone tells you thy will ring you back expect to have to chase them 4 times to get anywhere.

Thank Post
    We use a javelin printer, had it for 3 years now and its been pretty good, most problems have been with the rubbish software we have.

Thank Post
    we have a evolis tattoo2, I thinks it's crap but I've never used a card printer before this.

The contrast of colors are a bit off and despite cleaning I always seem to get a hair or bit of grit stuck under the last protecting layer. sure I'd blast it with air if I had a compressor because air in a can didnt cut it. it helped but I think it just needs a better clean which they dont pay me for.

the software, Emedia card designer is again CRap. like somthing made for windows 98. and if I wanted to install it to another machine I have to perform migration which involes faffing around with keys and wizards, put a foot wrong here and apaprently the licence is lost forever. Any company/developer that has a software licence policy which cuts them out of the equation is a joke beyond beleif in my opinion.

I recently redesigned our staff ID cards because who ever did them last did a naff job at it. partly due to the fact that e media card deigner doesnt accept images with transparency but he could have been creative like I have. I incorperated my design into a single image which shows the school logo and LA logo(without no white background) clearly, it's been a welcomed resigned

Thank Post
    We went with a Smart ID Printer. Smart ID Card Printer | Digital ID I am extremely impressed by it. The colours are very good, print time is reasonable, it's a bit noisy but where it is that's not really a concern for me. The only gotcha for us was that the magstripe encoder built into our ID card software is incompatible with the printer (too new) so we have to encode it using a specially formatted field on the card that the printer can pick up on. We bought it from Digital ID, service was excellent, their support in resolving the magstripe issue was really good.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    I went with DigitalID after the recommendations on here. Delivery was excellent but their after service is doing my head in... and they have a premium rate number for support at £1.50 a minute. I think its a common issue nowadays... if someone tells you thy will ring you back expect to have to chase them 4 times to get anywhere.
    I hope this reply finds you well. Apologies it has taken a while to get back to you, and as we have recently discovered your comments above, I just wanted to apologise for any poor customer service experienced. If you could let us know what the previous issues were, I can contact you to discuss. Please send to jknight@digitalid.co.uk

Regards, Jordan

Thank Post
    We went with the Smart, with MiFare encoding. The software is awkward, but once you have your head around it it's fine. It's printed 1500 cards so far and only jammed once.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiID View Post
    Apologies it has taken a while to get back to you, and as we have recently discovered your comments above, I just wanted to apologise for any poor customer service experienced.
    Don't mean to be rude, but I just clocked the dates on posts...2 years!?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Don't mean to be rude, but I just clocked the dates on posts...2 years!?!
    We are fairly new users to Edugeek, however we are interested in feedback from customers positive or negative. We may well of discussed the issues previously, this is purely to ensure we addressed this at the time.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12