+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 in a HP DL165 G7 in Technical; Originally Posted by arosenau I actually had not seen that. I did however finally get my card to work. I ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arosenau View Post
    I actually had not seen that. I did however finally get my card to work. I had tried taking the card out of the server and install it in my HP Workstation Z200. It would boot a little farther but then just constantly reboot never booting windows. So I decided to take the card home and install it in my home computer. (Custom built machine with ASUS motherboard.) The computer saw it right away and booted right up. I downloaded the OCZ toolbox and updated the firmware and BIOS on the card, and then took it back and installed it in the server again and it worked right away. So the server didn't like something about the version of BIOS that the card shipped with.
    Sorry for bumping this, but it is the top hit when looking for revodrive compatibility with the DL380 on google so I wanted to confirm the fix and save others the messing that I went through. I had the same issue with the illegal opcode screen. I updated the firmware through their linux firmware updater which I managed to run on my CentOS 6.2 desktop. Went from 2.11 to 2.15 but still had no luck. Then I used the BIOS update through the toolbox in Windows 7 and went from 1.0.something to 1.5.something. This resolves the conflict with the HP RAID controller in the DL380 G7's. By the time you read this, a BIOS updater may be available for Linux also.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Sorry for bumping this, but it is the top hit when looking for revodrive compatibility with the DL380 on google so I wanted to confirm the fix and save others the messing that I went through. I had the same issue with the illegal opcode screen. I updated the firmware through their linux firmware updater which I managed to run on my CentOS 6.2 desktop. Went from 2.11 to 2.15 but still had no luck. Then I used the BIOS update through the toolbox in Windows 7 and went from 1.0.something to 1.5.something. This resolves the conflict with the HP RAID controller in the DL380 G7's. By the time you read this, a BIOS updater may be available for Linux also.
    Thanks for posting - good to hear others are getting theirs working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12