+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, ReadyNAS Slow Frontview (Web Interface/Admin Interface) in Technical; We have a ReadyNAS 2100, which up until today, was working fine, very happy with it. Yesterday we had a ...

Thank Post

ReadyNAS Slow Frontview (Web Interface/Admin Interface)

We have a ReadyNAS 2100, which up until today, was working fine, very happy with it.

Yesterday we had a mains power blip, and the UPS supporting the NAS failed to protect it, and it went offline. We have since replaced the UPS, with another one, and have tested it, which works fine.

The ReadyNAS boots okay, responds as normal to iSCSi targets, and also ping requests. We can access the contents of the NAS and also ran one of our small servers from it today as an ESXi datastore, all with excellent/acceptable performance.

We are on the latest RAIDiator version (4.2.19), but whenever we try and access the NAS admin interface from a browser, we get requests for credentials fine, and it responds quickly, but after that seems to take an age to get the full web interface up, quite often crashing the browser at the same time! Both network interfaces are up, and the IP addresses seem fine from what I can see, so I am a tad confused....

Has anyone experienced this, and can anyone shed any light as to what is going on? Is it some disk check in the background running, causing the slowness, or is it some configuration on the device which is gone?
    RAIDar can see the device, and reports no problems, as does the interface when it finally gets there…

Thanks
    Mark

Thank Post
    Not something daft like it's going out via a proxy or something and taking an age to come back?

Thank Post
    Just tried it, without a proxy, and still the same. I get the feeling the OS is screwed on it somehow, or some config file. Might try a raidiator update again, and see what gives.
    M.

Thank Post
    Just re-updated firmware with latest raidiator upgrade (same version), but still the same. Everything else seems to be working okay, so I will just hang fire until the next break.

Thank Post
    Did the ReadyNAS perform a disk scan when it rebooted? What did the logs say?

Also check the readynas forums they are quite active.
    NETGEAR ReadyNAS • Index page

Thank Post
    I don't know about the ReadyNAS boxes but in the QNAP boxes there is a display of RAM and CPU usage - could take a look to see if there is something simlar to see if there is something taking up the resources of the box.

Thank Post
    We have 3 2100s and the web interface has always been rather slow and is unusable when a backup is going on. I've tried reinstalling the OS, factory reset, reinstall firmware, disk check, memory check etc but the speed never improved. We just put up with it as we rarely access the admin interface due to accessing the backed up files via Windows Explorer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread