+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Paxton Access Net2 and PaperCut in Technical; Right.. we have the Net2 Door access system with keyfobs and also have PaperCut 9.6 on the network. I want ...
    RTi

Thank Post

Paxton Access Net2 and PaperCut

Right.. we have the Net2 Door access system with keyfobs and also have PaperCut 9.6 on the network.

I want to setup a release station for our Network printer Xerox 6180, using the paxton keyfobs to authenticate the user. (have an old Touchscreen tablet pc, so staff will just need to touch the screen to print)

If I bought a Paxton USB Reader and connected it to the release station.. would it work?? would it pass the data as keyboard entry? what else would i need to do?

I want the system to be kept simple and would be happy to manually input the serial numbers of the fobs into papercut.

Thanks

also i'm a little confused .. is the Net2 system a Mifare or Hitag2 ??

Thank Post
    Hi,
    Only just recovered my account, so sorry for the delay.

Shouldn’t be a problem I know of a fair few sites using PaperCut with Paxton systems - mainly with embedded software on a MFD but a PC based released station will work.
    Your problem will be finding a USB card reader that will work on the tablet, does it run an embedded OS or is it Windows based? You will need to find a keyboard emulating card reader (one that will just blurt out a card number into notepad when used)

Papercut and net2 won’t know or care about each other you just need to find a number on the card both systems can read. Both will probably read different numbers from the card, Net2 will read its encrypted sector and the reader for papercut will read the Serial number from the card. Unless of course you use the paxton read but i have no idea how that works and you may find a cheaper option, as a rough guide most card readers are around £150
    In my experience most Paxton sites use HiTag2 but some also use Mifare the easy way around this is to send me a card for testing or simply ask Paxton what card technology the cards you have onsite are.

You can of course go the full hog and integrate everything but that costs money and time and there is no benefit.
    I can go over this in more detail over the phone or skype etc but in short it’s not a problem

RTi

Thank Post
    Thanks for the info..

I was looking at buying a cheap reader from ebay.. but wasnt sure which format the Net2 system uses (it is Hitag2).. I spoke to Paxton and bought a USB reader with keyboard output.. not setup the system fully.. but have got it working with papercut..was fairly straightforward.

Thank Post
    Any HiTag2 reader should do the job you can buy some very cheap readers from China (around $10 each) but they cant compete with the like of Elatec or RFideas readers in terms of features.
    glad you got it working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread