+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP now NOt selling PC ar......horray in Technical; BBC News - Hewlett Packard will now keep its PC and tablet arm...
    Thank Post

HP now NOt selling PC ar......horray

Thank Post
    Think am in the minority but always liked HPs kit. Bought laptops and PCs and always done the job.

Thank Post
    Not at all, I much prefer HP to Dell, Lenovo etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet_man View Post
    Think am in the minority but always liked HPs kit. Bought laptops and PCs and always done the job.
    had both good and bad with hp my personal laptop 1 month old had an iffy hdd took over 2 months to get it back other times esp server its faultless (except pestering to return bits when im on site 1 day a week and person entrusted to return it forgets or open a box with my name on it and throw away returns labels)

Thank Post
    Having said that I've never really like HP laptops, prefer toshiba to IBM/Lenovo

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSTech View Post
    Having said that I've never really like HP laptops, prefer toshiba to IBM/Lenovo
    its hit and miss the 610 series is ok (unless you need tor replace a trackpad when it took me 90 mins 1st time or screen where there are left handed and right handed versions) 620 series is horrid slow to image from network mouse jumps allover aparantly and no off switch for the trackpad. Ive had the same issues with toshibas some are great some are really not. lenovos the few ive had ive not had an issue with (and my brother in law has them at work and he seems to like them) given the choice id still have asus though my old laptop lasted 7 years or so still works but video card is iffy and makes black purple

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    its hit and miss the 610 series is ok (unless you need tor replace a trackpad when it took me 90 mins 1st time or screen where there are left handed and right handed versions) 620 series is horrid slow to image from network mouse jumps allover aparantly and no off switch for the trackpad. Ive had the same issues with toshibas some are great some are really not. lenovos the few ive had ive not had an issue with (and my brother in law has them at work and he seems to like them) given the choice id still have asus though my old laptop lasted 7 years or so still works but video card is iffy and makes black purple
    We bought about 90 610s a year or so back, and the trackpad buttons are awful. But to be fair to HP I got them to fix 11 all at the same time and they sorted it, all came back within a few days.

Always found HP support to be brilliant, the demanding broken parts to be sent back is a PITA.

We have bought a few Toshiba C660s recently and their are awful, feel plastic and cheap. Had lots of Lenovo's a good few years back and they have done the job, if a little ugly looking.

Still Fujitsu Siemens have the worst support, you have to beg them to take anything back.

Thank Post
    na acers worse than fuji umo

i actuallt like teh tosh 660s so far they seem to work granted the fake cabon fibre weave on them is tacky but tbh as long as it works job done (granted my laptop is a different matter to a degree but as teachers are getting a free machine so tough lol and mines a pain it came with a polishing cloth and the slightest touch of the lid shows up something awful lol)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    na acers worse than fuji umo

i actuallt like teh tosh 660s so far they seem to work granted the fake cabon fibre weave on them is tacky but tbh as long as it works job done (granted my laptop is a different matter to a degree but as teachers are getting a free machine so tough lol and mines a pain it came with a polishing cloth and the slightest touch of the lid shows up something awful lol)
    Hopefully the bits inside the Toshbia are fine, and its just the outside thats a bit naff.

Thank Post
    Im completely Pro the HP Professional Desktop Ranges but some of the consumer stuff is shocking and the support for these is entirely different with the Pro being excellent and the consumer being virtually non existent.
    It was the consumer or (Personal Products) division that they were looking to get rid of I thought and to be honest I probably wouldnt have noticed or cared.

The only real aggro I have ever had with HP kit has been the consumer stuff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m25man View Post
    Im completely Pro the HP Professional Desktop Ranges but some of the consumer stuff is shocking and the support for these is entirely different with the Pro being excellent and the consumer being virtually non existent.
    It was the consumer or (Personal Products) division that they were looking to get rid of I thought and to be honest I probably wouldnt have noticed or cared.

The only real aggro I have ever had with HP kit has been the consumer stuff.
    Exactly the same as above - at my last place we purchased a few of the consume machines and they where ok but parts which where just off the shelf. Whereas the Pro Range stuff (and sff machines) are custom designed to the case i find.

As for infrastructure i'm fully HP switches/servers/san

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread