+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Free Projector Servers in Technical; I am sure someone has thought of it before but I couldn't find anything on but this works a treat. ...

Thank Post

Free Projector Servers

I am sure someone has thought of it before but I couldn't find anything on but this works a treat. Get an old machine, preferably a laptop.

Connect it to the network and the projector and install UltraVNC viewer. Set the viewer up so it enters listen mode at start up and set it to open a session full screen and without buttons.

Then on the laptop/ tablet PC you want to connect install ultravnc server and set the server to run at start up (not as a hidden service, you want the tray icon). Click on the tray icon and add client, enter the name of the first machine and away you go. You can use the laptop on the projector 100% wirelessly, at least until the batteries die. I tried it today and it worked a treat.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Projector Servers

You can use this as a sort of cheap digital signage unit too open up a full screen browser and create a webpage with what you want displayed with auto-refresh.

Another way would be a cheap ChipPC Thin Client socket sized unit vesa mounted next to a vesa mounted LCD or plasma then set it up to open up a full screen browser.

Wes

Thank Post

what do you gain from this espada? if you want to project then surely you must have seperate projectors?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,935 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think the point is wireless projection - no restrictions on where the speaker has to be with their laptop, no annoying wires... There would be problems with multimedia (video and sound may suffer lagging) but for a normal powerpoint it'd work fine.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk
    I think the point is wireless projection - no restrictions on where the speaker has to be with their laptop, no annoying wires... There would be problems with multimedia (video and sound may suffer lagging) but for a normal powerpoint it'd work fine.
    Exactly, it is possible for the teacher to move around the class with it, there are various reasons for why this might be wanted.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread