+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Alternative promethean projectors plc-xe40 in Technical; We've had the sanyo xe40 prometheans for about 3 years now and some of them are starting to die. We ...

Thank Post

Alternative promethean projectors plc-xe40

We've had the sanyo xe40 prometheans for about 3 years now and some of them are starting to die. We are looking for an alternative projector that might work since cleaning and resetting thermal switches no longer fixes the issue. Anyone have any suggestions for alternative short throw projectors that would be compatible? We'd like to have something with a similar mounting system, that would fit on the same bracket. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank Post
    anyone have any suggestions?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,603 Posts
    We're replacing our Sanyo projectors with Casio XJA130 ... they come with a 5 year warranty in the UK education users.

I love the Casio projectors. No bulbs to fail and no filters to clean! They're more expensive to buy initially, but over the life of the projector that is recouped.

There are two slight down sides from swapping over

1. The lens is on the opposite side of the projector to the Sanyo, so you have to mount it carefully and possibly move the board slightly too... though we've manged to do this just sliding the board to its extreeme on the brackets so far.

2. The screws used to mount it are of course of different dimensions to those needed to the Sanyo, but if you're creative and don't mind taking adrill to you projector mount there isn't a problem!

EDIT I've just realised the XE40 is the short throw ActivBoard 2 projector. Our one of those is still working at the moment, but I'll be looking for a Casio solution when it does fail.

Thank Post
    This is a big big help. These look like great projectors. We have a pretty humid climate here so this design might make more sense for us. The sanyo's have given us a lot of issues. If anyone has any suggestions on a cheaper alternative I would also like to have this to present.

Also, do these Casio's ever go out? I know they have LED's and lasers..when these fail is there any way for us to replace these items? Will they work on our shortthrow mounts? (with the use of a drill :P)

Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    We're replacing our Sanyo projectors with Casio XJA130 ... they come with a 5 year warranty in the UK education users.

I love the Casio projectors. No bulbs to fail and no filters to clean! They're more expensive to buy initially, but over the life of the projector that is recouped.

There are two slight down sides from swapping over

1. The lens is on the opposite side of the projector to the Sanyo, so you have to mount it carefully and possibly move the board slightly too... though we've manged to do this just sliding the board to its extreeme on the brackets so far.

2. The screws used to mount it are of course of different dimensions to those needed to the Sanyo, but if you're creative and don't mind taking adrill to you projector mount there isn't a problem!

EDIT I've just realised the XE40 is the short throw ActivBoard 2 projector. Our one of those is still working at the moment, but I'll be looking for a Casio solution when it does fail.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Hitachi EDA-220nm if you can make its bracket fit.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,603 Posts
    We've had one XJA130 fail after about 6 months - it had a rapidly growing population of missing pixels. Casio repaired without a quibble; they even collected it from us and delivered it back free of charge.

The rest have just sat there and worked... I love them! Anything not to have to clean the dratted filters which is surely the worst job ever! The initial outlay cost is expensive, but you have too look at this over the projector's lifetime... bulbs for the Sanyo projectors are not cheap!

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have experience mounting alternative projectors on the shortthrow booms? I'm a little concerned since the mount seems very much non-standard. If anyone knows of any brackets that fit the cylindrical boom that are more of a universal style mount, this would solve all of my problems.

Thank Post
    We have used several Sanyo PLC-WL2500 projectors to replace old PLC-XE40s. Came with brackets and mounting kits, when ordered. Needed some adjustment to mount onto a ActivBoard 2.

Thank Post
    Am currently having a mount made up for the viewsonic PJD7383 by a local engineering company. I will keep you posted on how well it works. We have choosen the Viewsonic because its the right aspect ratio and they can be bought for around 450, also the engineering company can produce us a mounting plates for under 100ea including all the drawing, designing and trail fitting.

For the Casio option you need to get in touch with a company called RA Technology who make a mount for the Casio XJ-ST145 which fits on the original boom. However its not a cheap option. They sell the mounts for around 80 and the projector will set you back around 1k depending how many you are ordering.

As you can tell I have done alot of research into this as I have about 17 of them myself which need replacing.

Edit: RA Technology - http://www.ratechnology.co.uk/
    Last edited by Torrevez; 25th November 2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added weblink

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread