+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Intel Graphics throwing hissy fits in Technical; Morning lovely people, We have new PC's with intel integrated graphics and we have issues with a couple forgetting that ...

Thank Post

Intel Graphics throwing hissy fits

Morning lovely people,

We have new PC's with intel integrated graphics and we have issues with a couple forgetting that the displays are cloned to the IWB. One which is causing us a problem has a visualiser attached with a pass through to the projector. Each time the visualiser is used and switched off, the main screen seems to switch off with "no signal detected". We have tried switching primary and secondary displays, but still no luck GRRR!

Has anyone else come up with a solution?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What make/model of PC and what Intel graphic chipset is it? Sometimes you can only use the manufacturers graphic drivers and not the Intel/Windows update versions due to some customisations that take place.

3. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

andyturpie (4th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tbh we always found it simpler to just use a powered splitter rather then both outputs on the graphics card.

5. Thanks to ZeroHour from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 967 Posts
    Something that may help is using the intel graphics utility to set the settings, which screens, resolutions as required etc. Should be an option for power settings, ensure that this is set to maximum performance not power saving or energy saver etc.

7. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

Thank Post
    Cheers guys, its an Intel DQ57TM board with the GPU built into the core i3 - found the power settings and will give that a try. Strange thing is the monitor is on the primary video and its that device which gets confuddled when after the visualiser gets switched off lol.

Thank Post
    Do you have the latest driver?

We recently experienced issues with the G41 chipset on some Dell Optiplex 380s, whereby the resolution would keep changing and sometimes would display the desktop in the middle of the screen with a black border. This was the latest driver from Dell but Intel had an even newer one. Updated to this and so far our machines look okay.

Thank Post
    I have the driver from the disk which I had uploaded to the RM build area (CC3 network), apart from this little niggle affecting a couple of machines the rest seem stable enough though. I may look to download a later version, but I think it maybe due to the teachers shutting down pc's with either the projector and visualiser still on causing confusion. I have looked at giving teachers access to the graphics tray to re-
    clone displays again, but with file rules on CC3 I cannot set it to be allowed with teachers and disallowed by pupils.

Thank Post
    We found that the IWB or projector needed to be plugged into the direct connection on the motherboard and the monitor was ok using the dongle. This seemed to resolve all our issues.

12. Thanks to BenABF from:

mac_shinobi (4th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyturpie View Post
    Cheers guys, its an Intel DQ57TM board with the GPU built into the core i3 - found the power settings and will give that a try. Strange thing is the monitor is on the primary video and its that device which gets confuddled when after the visualiser gets switched off lol.
    Not much help, but I've had similar problems with XP on the DQ57TM. I believe switching on the projector before Windows started caused clone mode to switch off. Once I upgraded to Windows 7, cloning works consistently.

14. Thanks to meastaugh1 from:

andyturpie (5th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meastaugh1 View Post
    Not much help, but I've had similar problems with XP on the DQ57TM. I believe switching on the projector before Windows started caused clone mode to switch off. Once I upgraded to Windows 7, cloning works consistently.
    Thanks for the feedback, that was the next avenue we were going to explore. We are not migrating to Win 7 until next summer, so will send email out to staff to make sure PC is on before any projectors go on etc - nice one!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread