+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Looking for a new hardware supplier. suggestions? in Technical; I'm looking for a new hardware supplier for my school, the company we usually use has gone right down hill.. ...

Thank Post

Looking for a new hardware supplier. suggestions?

I'm looking for a new hardware supplier for my school, the company we usually use has gone right down hill.. we're being told something will be here next day and end up waiting 2 weeks and there is no communication. I've looked really bad the last few month ordering things in for my boss telling him it would be here within a day when he's actually receiving it weeks later.

One thing i did like about this company is that we had a dedicated person to deal with, if i wanted something i could browse the website and then email the account manager, she would process everything and it would be here the next day.

So i'm looking for something like that and just a generic store i can order anything from quantities of 1 to many more. printers, inks, components, notebooks, laptops, etc..

any suggestions?

Thank Post
    I use misco and haven't had an issue with them and have a dedicated account manager if anything goes pear shaped (which hardly ever does) it gets sorted and delivery is usually next day. They also price match for me as well where possible.

Misco.co.uk - Computer Hardware, Laptops, Notebooks, Desktops, TFTs, Printers, Servers, Wireless Networking, Software

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @CPLtd are pretty decent and are quite honest about lead times for delivery if it will not be next day!
    Last edited by nephilim; 3rd October 2011 at 10:05 AM.

Thank Post
    We use @Millgate who are v.good for delivery times, communication and price.

Luke is a decent bloke so there's one option for ya.

5. Thanks to RTFM from:

stevenlong1985 (3rd October 2011)

Thank Post
    We use Misco and recently Stone, who have both been very good.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincharisma View Post
    We use Misco and recently Stone, who have both been very good.
    We've had issues with both, Misco refused to do us free delivery despite us being a frequent purchaser from them (our account manager kept telling us it was company policy to charge for delivery) but then on here other people have said differently and they always get free delivery (paying for delivery is a pet peeve when your spending thousands of pounds, other people seem to be able to do it for free....).

Stone, well, they sent us a trial PC, we sent it back (using their courier) then 2 months later we get a bill to say they are charging us for the trial unit and a monitor we never even had as neither had been returned? This happened on 2 seperate occassions a year apart........we havent used them since for anything.

These are just incidents we've run into, its quite possible they are isolated and we've just been unlucky.

Thank Post
    Misco is who we are with now, been with them for years and very happy but last few orders have been way too long i can't risk ordering anything else incase it takes the same amount of time.

I ordered a monitor and tower thursday 22nd september, it was listed in stock and was told it would be here next day . it's now 3rd october and it's not arrived and not had a single email. The last order was exactly the same, i only ordered a bluetooth headset and 5 cat5 cables.. nothing turned up and i was forced to send an email asking what was up, i was told the items were on back order and would be sent out asap.. i waited and waited.. sent another email saying cancel order as i would buy locally as couldn't wait any longer, at this point i was told the headset was EOL would i like something else, i picked something else and it turned up a few days later... then the cables a few days after that.

it's a complete nightmare when it's something you really need.

Also misco delivery charges are quite high, i regularly have the business manager coming to me and saying is this right as sometimes it costs more than the item itself.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,520 Posts
    We mainly use wstore who are part of the same companu as misco but Dan Whittaker is great, always free del.

Ben

Thank Post
    Have a chat with Wayne Overton at CCS Media - they're very highly regarded on here and we've used them for years with no complaints (hardware, software licensing, as well as random bits and bobs). I'll PM you contact details.

Chris

Thank Post
    We have used Misco for the last 7 years. Even though we do tender for larger amounts, they always seem to offer the best price and value added service. I have never been charged delivery for anything and they will price match or better almost everything. My Account Manager is Carl Singh. He may not be the most technical person I have met but he tries hard all the time and is honest which is enough for me. Perhaps those people that are getting the run around from their Misco account managers should ask for their account to be moved to Carl. The request may be enough for your account manager to change his ways.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ravens View Post
    Perhaps those people that are getting the run around from their Misco account managers should ask for their account to be moved to Carl. The request may be enough for your account manager to change his ways.
    Whilst that would potentially have solved the issue, it shouldnt be necessary. If one account manager is giving out free delivery to customers then another shouldnt be telling people it's 'company policy to charge for delivery'.

Like i said, it was a pet peeve with mine about Misco and obviously we just got unlucky with the account manager we had doing the dodgy on us.

Thank Post
    ERGO Computing. Excellent company to work with and their after-sales support is really good. Not pushy in the slightest.

Thank Post
    thanks for the suggestions received a few PMs i'll be going over later.

I'm shocked that some of you have been getting free delivery from Misco.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bandgeekmafia78 View Post
    ERGO Computing. Excellent company to work with and their after-sales support is really good. Not pushy in the slightest.
    + 1 for Ergo and CP LTD

Thank Post
    Shout for CPLtd and CCS here. Ebuyer are also great for little bits and bobs, you can order up to 11pm for next day delivery, even on a Sunday...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast