+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Looking for a new hardware supplier. suggestions? in Technical; I'd endorse that: And add they are even helpful on leaning on manufactures as well. I'm pretty miffed with HP ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd endorse that: And add they are even helpful on leaning on manufactures as well. I'm pretty miffed with HP not supplying a Windows 7 32 bit driver for their relatively new Laser Jet 3600 and have been complaining about that - our account manager at Misco is also chasing them. No joy so far but I have made it clear we won't be buying any HP kit unless they sort it. Delivery from Misco is hard to beat as well. I ordered 32 workstations and TFT's at 1600 hours one afternoon they arrived at 0730 hours the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by north-ict View Post
    I use misco and haven't had an issue with them and have a dedicated account manager if anything goes pear shaped (which hardly ever does) it gets sorted and delivery is usually next day. They also price match for me as well where possible.

Misco.co.uk - Computer Hardware, Laptops, Notebooks, Desktops, TFTs, Printers, Servers, Wireless Networking, Software

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We use CAE here, they're not major players in the education market, but they do dabble. Home | CAE Our knowledge. Your business. It works

Been amazing help for us, often fighting bid procedures and going above and beyond to meet our pricing/supply requirements

Thank Post
    I'm shocked some of you are not getting free delivery.

Thank Post
    We buy a lot from Probrand. Standard carriage is 5 but a comparison of prices (they give you a login for Public Sector pricing) often means that the carriage charge isn't worth worrying about. Deliveries normally take about 3 days but we have paid extra in the past for next day, again the overall price making it worth doing.

Thank Post
    I gave Proband a try some years ago. They sent half the order a week later, then the rest two weeks later and tried to charge me delivery twice! The account manager went on holiday and the interim one threatened to take us to court but finally "did us a favour" and waived it. On top of everything, they forgot to register the extended warranties so we ended up with 1 year warranties instead of 3. Never again.

Thank Post
    We tend to order direct from Dell nowadays, at least for desktops/servers - nobody can seem to get close to their special education pricing. After that, we've ordered a few things from CP Ltd and can recommend them. We also use Misco, and not really had a problem with them. Handy for small items like cables etc.

Thank Post
    Viglen, we have just replaced all our RM machines with their omnino 4s and the staff and pupils are over the moon with them. We did go through a sort of tender with a few other companies mentioned in this thread and Viglen were so aggressively priced, no one could compete with the cost on a like for like basis.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Insight have always worked very well for us, educational pricing and a huge range. Or, as others have said, CPLTD are very friendly and certainly do the work to fulfill your requests!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    We tend to order direct from Dell nowadays, at least for desktops/servers - nobody can seem to get close to their special education pricing.
    If you go to Dell education you may well end up dealing with CCS Media anyway. I think they became such a big partner that Dell moved part of the educational sales straight to them. CCS generally do charge delivery, but it's a fixed rate so you pay 8 for a printer and 8 for 200 PCs, which I can live with. They'll usually waive the delivery charge if it's a deal-breaker. One company we got quotes from over summer (who have been mentioned in this thread) were charging something like 5 per PC, so wanted 1,000 delivery cost0 for 200 machines - and this was non-negotiable!

Chris

Thank Post
    We order from BT Business Direct formerly Dabs.com free next day delivery or Novatech who are local to us. Both give good prices, forget what it says on the website.

Thank Post
    I always press for free delivery. Used to use BT Business until a massive cockup and poor customer service - may only use them for open-box stuff now.

Misco have got back in our good books, due to getting a new account manager who offers free delivery and competes well on prices!

With Insight we have free delivery as standard built in to the account and prices are good too.

IT Index have the best prices on everything usually but only good if getting a few things (as their 5 is never usually negotiable).

CCS Media have a free delivery on most items ordered and also often good on price.

Thank Post
    I use Misco and a company called highgate it solutions (ask to speak to stuart marginson and he has always done his best for me) - 020 7193 0553

Thank Post
    Novatech for us have been a great help over the year or so next day delivery FOH Simon our account manager fantastic bloke pleaseure to speak to, he will bend over backwards to find what ever you are after! had a bad run in with CCS so staying away from them for a while.

Thank Post
    We use both Misco and IT Index. Haven't had a problem with either. Only thing with IT Indes is my account manager rings or emails every other day. Gets annoying. But prices from both are great...and you can sometimes bounce them off each other to get a cheaper deal.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12