+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Novatech? in Technical; We're currently getting comparisons for all in one machines and Novatech are one we're looking at (Lenovo and Viglen are ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries

Novatech?

We're currently getting comparisons for all in one machines and Novatech are one we're looking at (Lenovo and Viglen are 2 others).

I've had experience of Viglen before and they're top notch for support. I'm wondering about Novatech - does anyone have experience with their machines, and if so, how do they rate their warranty support, failure rates, build quality etc...?

Thank Post
    I have just placed an order of 50 pc's from Novatech, before that we had used them to build custom PC's for our N-Computing virtual desktops a year and a half ago and have never had a problem with any of them, that was 25 units.
    During the summer we bought 18 of their mobo, CPU and Ram kits which came pre-built and so far have not had any problems with them either, so I can't say how good their support is at present but the reliability of the kit so far has been great.

Thank Post
    running a couple of suites in school with Novatech pc's.
    reliable kit (a few HDD's went pop) but nothing major good turnaround on warranty etc.

Thank Post
    We've had quite a few machines and laptops from Novatech, good build quality, robust and fantastic support, components and stuff are competative aswell

Thank Post
    It was a close run thing between Novatech and Stone when we got a new suite of machines over the summer. In the end, Stones' 5 year onsite warranty swung it. I've used Stone before and can't complain, but a school up the road has hundreds of Novatech machines and they swear by them (which makes a nice change from swearing AT a computer, I guess...)

Thank Post
    Just taken owner ship of 241 Viglen Omnino4 workstations, the staff and pupils love them. Also for 30 quid extra per workstation will give you 3 years next day call out warranty.

Thank Post
    PS I still have a Novatech all in one test unit here had issues building onto a CC3 network- from my findings over the last 6 months of testing Viglen had the edge.

Thank Post
    We have had horrendous issues with novatech, poor support and broken promises. We bought 15 machines to build onto our CC3 network, we were assured that would build. They didn't. we spent hours and hours of technician time with their technical support and eventually they just gave up. Because it had taken more than 30 days to get to that solution they refused to refund or swap the machines. We have just taken over another school with a vanilla windows network and we are having dificulties building them reliably on that using WDS.
    I can't comment on any other products, but we are very wary now.

Thank Post
    In my old school, we bought all our kit from novatech. they are reaonable priced, good support. I would definitly use them again.

Thank Post
    Never had a problem with them with the few systems I have had from them for at home, solid reliable machines.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Bought 165 from them last summer, another 5 this year (which was all we bought), and would happily buy again. Some HDDs have gone, and we're getting a spate of dodgy PSU's at the moment, but they've never quibbled anything under warranty. Indeed, the terms of the warranty were one of the main reasons we went with them (as well as build quality, price etc.) - we're too far from their HQ for on-site service, so we are under a RTB warranty with 4 spare machines provided free of charge to use as hot swaps. Which is a brilliant system, frankly.

So yes - I would happily recommend them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread