+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hardware Thread, Laser Printer Brands in Technical; Compatibles depends on the manufacturer and on the printer you use them in. Personally I've used HP compatibles in my ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,923 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Laser Printer Brands

Compatibles depends on the manufacturer and on the printer you use them in. Personally I've used HP compatibles in my old HP Laserjet 5 for years and they have been perfect - I always got them from ManxPrintcare.com as they provide a warranty with them - if they bust your printer or anything then they will pay to repair/replace it.

Thank Post

Some interesting comments.

In my experience any inkjet is just a pile of pants regardless of who makes it. All of our HP, Epson and Canon jobbies constantly jammed and had driver issues.

Never had any complaints about Brother. Had one board fail on us and it was replaced by on onsite engineer the next day. The other nice thing is that the toner for the HL2070 network model (which is relatively inexpensive) is the same as for the stand alone HL2030/2040 so there is less expense in maintaining spare stocks.

I get more problems with HP color laserjets constantly asking for paper from a different tray... *grrrrr*

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by srochford
    Kyocera printers pretty much exclusively here (and several hundred of them!)
    8O I thought we had a lot with 60 printers

We use pretty much all HP here. Most commonly 1320's which are very reliable printers I find but they have been discontinued. The 2015 is our new 'bog standard' printer

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by srochford
    Kyocera printers pretty much exclusively here (and several hundred of them!)

Very much cheaper to run than (say) HP. Very easy to sort out paper jams (paper feed mechanism just slides out so nowhere for paper to get stuck).

Drivers are sometimes problematic - we tend to use the "mini-drivers" which don't have all the bells and whistles (which most people don't use!) but do work fine.
    Very good to know - and yes I use the mini drivers as thats one of the things that annoyed me so much about HP is having to install a 100mb driver onto a server just to do simple printing. 2mb for the Kyocera mini drivers!

john: there are no printers that are well built nowadays they are all built down to a price, and made out fo the thinnest possible plastic with the least steel. Having a HP Colour LaserJet 3800 and a Kyocera FS-C5030N side by side i have to say i think the Kyocera is built better - certainly a far more sensible layout and far more vandal proof.

Andrew

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123