+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Visit to see a QNAP NAS? in Technical; I have a supplementary question about the use of this unit: If I configure WebDAV to allow a number of ...

Thank Post
    I have a supplementary question about the use of this unit:

If I configure WebDAV to allow a number of users to access the QNAP, will this also allow access to the same files/folders that are accessible locally on the LAN (assuming that the remote users have appropriate permissions configured)? What I want to avoid is two separate sets of files/folders - those accessible only locally and those only accessible only remotely.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky_Dicky View Post
    I've got one, the TS-639 which is a 6 bay 6TB version. Very nice piece of kit with a lovely front end.

PM me if you want to come and have a look but I am in Birmingham.
    HI, I am in Birmingham too and am looking to get a qnap for extra backup and storage- what do you use your qnap for?
    Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    We took the plunge and got the TS-859 Pro+ and I'm impressed. It has 8 x 2TB drives which I've configured RAID5. Access locally from Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac is easy. The only whinge I have experienced so far is providing remote access for Windows 7 clients. WebDAV works perfectly for Windows XP. I'm going to configure VPN for the remote Windows 7 clients and may even roll this to the few Windows XP clients rather than have two different methodologies.

The QNAP is used as an archive for video footage, hence the need for a unit with such a large storage capacity.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    We took the plunge and got the TS-859 Pro+ and I'm impressed. It has 8 x 2TB drives which I've configured RAID5. Access locally from Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac is easy. The only whinge I have experienced so far is providing remote access for Windows 7 clients. WebDAV works perfectly for Windows XP. I'm going to configure VPN for the remote Windows 7 clients and may even roll this to the few Windows XP clients rather than have two different methodologies.

The QNAP is used as an archive for video footage, hence the need for a unit with such a large storage capacity.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am looking into getting a qnap box so I could use it for didk to disk backup- is it possible to come to see your qnap and ask a few questions. I will only need 15 minutes or so.
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12