+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Best Inkjet Printer for classrooms in Technical; Originally Posted by richard I have just brought in and am in the process of setting up 3 HP OfficeJet ...
    Thank Post

Re: Best Inkjet Printer for classrooms

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    I have just brought in and am in the process of setting up 3 HP OfficeJet K5400DN printers, 1 OfficeJet K5400DTN A4 printers and 1 OfficeJet K850DN A3 printer for my junior school.
    I'd be interested in how well these work as I've been using the K550's for a few schools and they work well (aside from the size!)...

For what it's worth if you are looking at inkjets that could be used for scanning and/or backup photocopy facilities then the L7780 is VERY good. It's not much bigger than a K550 and works well..

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    HP Business Inkjets are the best I've found.
    I agree... we have loads of tham around the site and they are great... they have 4 ink slots so are cheaper to run....

Thank Post

Managed to get rid of all of our inkjets and despite some initial resistance, everybody is glad to see the back of them as the mono lasers they have are more reliable and quicker. Having a paper tray also makes a difference as they don't have to faff about aligning the paper in the slot, and there are fewer jams as a result.

Physical intervention is significantly less, and toner costs are paltry compared to what they used to get through. Heck, I've even started to charge per page on colour network printers and they are getting used to it!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by contink
    I'd be interested in how well these work as I've been using the K550's for a few schools and they work well (aside from the size!)...
    Does anyone have issues with the paper feed on these? I find it doesn't like drawing paper from the 2nd tray after when it's less than half full.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by eean
    Does anyone have issues with the paper feed on these? I find it doesn't like drawing paper from the 2nd tray after when it's less than half full.
    It's something that relies on a couple of things.
    1. The paper quality (some papers just don't seem to work too well)
    2. Getting some air between the sheets by fanning apart the paper before loading it*

Fanning paper is pretty simple:
    - Get about 2 inches depth of paper (or less).
    - Hold vertical and grip with thumbs behind and fingers in front
    - Push and bend the paper, pushing your fingers ahead and pull thumbs back slightly so that the paper seperates out and gets air between each sheet.
    - Gently pull the paper back without smoothing it out (that would push out all the air) and load into the paper tray.

This approach basically helps reduce the friction between sheets and makes it easier for the printer to pick up the paper.

richard

I've got the K850DN and the K5400DTN up and running now and so far the results are pretty impressive. Both printers are quick and reliable though the K850DN hasn't really been stretched yet as access to it has been restricted to a hand ful of staff at present. One thing I did find was that the second tray on the K5400DTN needs needs to be as level as possible or it doesn't pick up cleanly but its not a big issue. Should be putting the 3 K5400DN's out on Friday but if the DTN version is anything to go by these should be equally impressive.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12