+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Laptop supplyers in Technical; I have been getting quote from lots of supplyers and its not nice work except for one company http://www.laptopshop.co.uk they ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Laptop supplyers

I have been getting quote from lots of supplyers and its not nice work except for one company http://www.laptopshop.co.uk they were the cheapest the friendlyest the most helpful but too good to be true. What i would like to know is has anyone else used them if so are they as good as they seem to be ???

Thank Post

Re: Laptop supplyers

@alonebfg: Dealing with suppliers is great fun!

I've never dealt with laptopshop as I've always been happy with the prices that my usual suppliers can sort for me. If you are desperate for brand spanking new machines I can recommend Oliis (very friendly and easy to talk to - Mandy is your best bet but she may be on leave now so speak to Nathan or Bobby). If you don't mind second user or older models I would recommend ICT Direct - you could save a lot of money.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,943 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've been very happy with HP laptops from European Electronique - very competitive prices, good build quality and good support.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

i have herd about ict direct are they good i had a convo with them earler about somthing else. the thing i dont like is some of the after sales support one company we have used takes a laptop away then returns it 1 month later if i am lucky and by that time i have got another one boke its driving me nuts.

Thank Post

@alonebfg: I was talking to John about an eduGeeker yesterday... probably you - nothing bad I hasten to add. I buy A LOT from them and have done for years. If you are confident about what you are buying, second user is great and generally the stuff still has a year or two of the manufacturer's warranty on it.

ICT Direct can get you ANYTHING. I have mentioned this in another post. I am currently typing this on a Lenoo X60... I asked for one and they put out some feelers - I paid £200 less than retail and it is brand new and the big spec that I wanted. Not bad eh? This sort of service can be good if you already have a number of machines that you have disk images for and want to be able to re-use the same image.

Thank Post

I can recommend Oliis (very friendly and easy to talk to - Mandy is your best bet but she may be on leave now so speak to Nathan or Bobby).

Are you on comission Ric, i think i've read this same quote loads of times now...... :-)

Thank Post

@tosca925: Did you not meet Mandy at BETT?

I know that I bang on about these two suppliers but they truly are the best that I have ever used. I would not recommend an 'average' supplier. How many times have you rung a supplier to ask for product X, only to be told that they would rather sell you product Y because it is 'better' and cheaper, blah, blah, blah? If I want X there is usually a damn good reason!!!!!!!

Thank Post

I have also bought from ICT Direct recently - very good equipment at very good prices. You'd never believe it was second hand. I bought 14 PCs off them and I thought one of them was DOA, but I quickly opened it up and found out the HDD IDE cable had come lose. So no problems at all. I highly recommend them and any computers I need to purchase in mass in the future will certainly come from them.

Thank Post

@ Ric No I didn't.......is she a fit bit?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by alonebfg
    the thing i dont like is some of the after sales support one company we have used takes a laptop away then returns it 1 month later if i am lucky and by that time i have got another one boke its driving me nuts.
    Not really had to phone up ICT Direct for support yet, but I spoke to them both before and after the sale had taken place and after I had received the PCs. The discussions I had with them afterwards were just as informative and helpful as they were before I had paid for the PCs, so I'd take a guess and say their after sales support is very good.

I'm currently in the process of potentially buying more off them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The bigest problem i have is the fact we dont buy in bulk we are only a small school and we dont throw thing away unless we have to ie beyond repair laptop are one of the big issues as very hard to get fixed at a reasonabl price and cant upgrade. one of the issues we have is teachers laptops. most of which are comming up to 3 years old and on there last legs. One i switched on yesterday took 15 mins to boot up and log in. With that and trying to log use interactive whitboards is a nightmare. I have told teacher that for a good laptop you need at least 1gb of ram with wb i dont know if this is totaly true but some only have 256mb and really struggle. I did not purchase these but i have said if we buy new ones i want them to be at least compatable to use vista just in case in a year they decide to switch. (talking of vista I have noticed all the education software is starting to switch which if it is anything like befor it start to become non backword compatable)

Thank Post

I use European Electronique - the same as localzuk, except I buy Toshiba laptops and only use HP for desktops.

I think I have probably spent well over half a million pounds with them now and cannot fault them on the sales side of things - they have excellent links with both HP and Toshiba and size of order does not really seem to matter (they pulled out all the stops for a £120 order for me just the other day).

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,943 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by limbo
    I use European Electronique - the same as localzuk,

(they pulled out all the stops for a £120 order for me just the other day).
    This is the service I receive also. It doesn't matter what it is, how small or how obscure they will work as if they are receiving a massive order. (and considering the amount of money I spent with the last year, you can see why really).

Thank Post

@alonebfg: ICT Direct may be able to help you out with some reasonably priced reapirs too as well as cheap parts such as RAM

Thank Post

We use EuroPC for Dell Latitude D laptops & Optiplex desktops. They sell Dell 'factory refurbished' equipment with full manufacturers warranty at a price which easily beats our 'County' negotiated price with Dell and unlike ordering direct from Dell the kit turns up the next day.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast