+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Using a webcam as a visualiser in Technical; This has been discussed perviously and I wondered if anyone was using a webcam successfully for this. I have 420 ...

Thank Post

Using a webcam as a visualiser

This has been discussed perviously and I wondered if anyone was using a webcam successfully for this. I have 420 Harnessing Tech money to spend today and a lot of staff have asked about visualisers. As I would be lucky to get one for that money, I was thinking about webcams instead.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    This has been discussed perviously and I wondered if anyone was using a webcam successfully for this. I have 420 Harnessing Tech money to spend today and a lot of staff have asked about visualisers. As I would be lucky to get one for that money, I was thinking about webcams instead.
    Some will say Visulisers are a lot more than just a webcam on a stick but personaly they are just a webcam on a stick.....

We've had staff make good use of webcams before having them stuck to walls and other such things as a cheap replacement to visulisers.

3. Thanks to jamesfed from:

laserblazer (19th July 2011)

Thank Post
    I remember seeing this at the BETT fair might be of some use?

Easi-View-Visualiser

5. Thanks to north-ict from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by north-ict View Post
    I remember seeing this at the BETT fair might be of some use?

Easi-View-Visualiser
    Exactly what I was after.

Thank Post
    Exactly what I was after.
    LOL your welcome just glad i remembered about it.

Thank Post
    the Easi View are great cheap and cheerful. It does the job! no point in spending 300+ for a visualiser

9. Thanks to stevenlong1985 from:

Thank Post
    They are doing a deal, by 6 for 500 and get 5 talking point thingies free. Not sure what we will use the talking point things for but I'm sure we will think of something.

Thank Post
    They are doing a deal, by 6 for 500 and get 5 talking point thingies free. Not sure what we will use the talking point things for but I'm sure we will think of something.
    All sorts of daft little things, especially at primary school ages. As they said, for your displays you push it and it might say something like "this is Henry VIII, he was a big lad" for information in a fun way. Or, record a different tone onto each one and you have a 5 key musical instrument of sorts. Or, stick one on your wall in your office, and a stick to your door so when it closes it strikes the box, and have a recording like "have you tried turning it off and on" for every time somebody walks into your office - we could use that here, the amount of kids that walk in without knocking and scare the bejesus out of you when you turn around and see them standing there.

12. Thanks to Hightower from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 761 Posts
    I've actually just made the first of our 'DIY' visualisers using a Logitech C910 cable-tied to an LED poise-style desk lamp. Very easy to position and the image we get from the Logitech is absolutely superb: at least equal to the AverVision CP155 we have, if not better, and the autofocus on the Logitech is quite impressive, even down to less than 10 cm from the thing you're looking at. Software-wise we just open the camera source using VLC and go into fullscreen.

Doesn't do everything that the CP155 does, but for our lower school classrooms where they all have a desktop connected to the projector, it works brilliantly (far better than I expected, actually). I might do a set of instructions for making one if anyone is interested?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    I've actually just made the first of our 'DIY' visualisers using a Logitech C910 cable-tied to an LED poise-style desk lamp. Very easy to position and the image we get from the Logitech is absolutely superb: at least equal to the AverVision CP155 we have, if not better, and the autofocus on the Logitech is quite impressive, even down to less than 10 cm from the thing you're looking at. Software-wise we just open the camera source using VLC and go into fullscreen.

Doesn't do everything that the CP155 does, but for our lower school classrooms where they all have a desktop connected to the projector, it works brilliantly (far better than I expected, actually). I might do a set of instructions for making one if anyone is interested?
    Yes please I think that would be good, could even make a great EduGeek Article

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread