+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Best Android Tablet? in Technical; While you'll pry my iPad from my cold,dead hand, I've been looking at Android tabs for a project I've got ...

Thank Post
    While you'll pry my iPad from my cold,dead hand, I've been looking at Android tabs for a project I've got going at the moment. I've been very impressed by the Galaxy Tab, but for my money, the HTC Flyer is incredibly impressive, but does cost more

Other than that, I liked the acer A500. Motorola seem to be upsetting a lot of people with lack of support and patchy releasing of SW upgrades.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    We just received our Asus Transformer and I am extremely impressed by it - great bit of kit!
    Couldn't agree more, very solid and sexy. I'm in love

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Just thought I'd update this thread as I used it when looking for a tablet for school.

Decided on the Creative Ziio due to the low price - oh what a mistake! Having used android for a fair while now I can say that this tablet is not a true reflection of android, it doesn't even have the android market!!! Basically you are stuck with the apps that come with it as the "ZiStore" is beyond useless. You can install apps by downloading the apk and using the file explorer to open them but it is very hit and miss, and even when you get the app installed it is very unstable. And did I mention no flash until you update the tablet - gunna try this now, no auto-update facility grr!

Hardware wise the device looks quite good for the price. The screen is a bit poo but then it is less than 200. The most annoying thing is it is only a single touch resistive screen, and the middle of the screen is very wobbly so it clicks in when you press it.

If ALL you are going to do with it is browse the internet then it is decent for 200. Everyone else avoid.

(No wonder "the ipad/iphone is wickid and android is pants")
    I don't agree. The update to firmware 2.2 was a simple process. It gives the Kindle app, flash and access to loads of other apps available to the Android. With HDMI, USB and the card slot it is quite versatile for the price.

Thank Post
    + 1 GT 10.1

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NikChillin View Post
    I don't agree. The update to firmware 2.2 was a simple process. It gives the Kindle app, flash and access to loads of other apps available to the Android. With HDMI, USB and the card slot it is quite versatile for the price.
    Well I've just went to use it today, plugged in USB to charge it as it hasn't been used in a couple of weeks - no usb charge, great. Plugged in power and turn it on, clock has reset as the battery was flat What a useless piece of s... its not 1995 any more!

Whats the point in a USB or card reader if you can't download any apps for it in order to use that functionality?

I can honestly say its up there with cachepilot amd Windows ME/Vista for the most disappointing products I've ever used. It really does give android a bad name. Yes it is half the price of the iPad but (I can't believe I'm going to say this) the iPad is 10x better.

Thank Post
    I've got an ipad2 and transformer.

While the build quality is second to none on the ipad, the OS is safe for toddlers to use... which annoys me, I cant stand using it for any period of time but i'd quite happily recommend it to my dad because it'll be safe in his not techie hands.

The transformer has a great OS, if a little 'beta' in feel. Much more versatile, no itunes (worth it alone) but the build quality is lacking.

Probably getting rid of both.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12