+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, 3CX VOIP Phone System in Technical; We are currently looking at changing our phone system. I have installed the 3CX system for testing after seeing a ...

Thank Post

3CX VOIP Phone System

We are currently looking at changing our phone system. I have installed the 3CX system for testing after seeing a review about it and it seems to work really well so far. I am getting some more phones as well as some wifi phones for testing to see how it all performs in different parts of the network.

Has anyone had any experience or are currently running 3CX as their phone system? I would love to hear whether it's up to the job in the real world. I am also interested in whether you changed completely to a VOIP SIP trunk, stayed with ISDN or something else.

Many thanks

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bclarke View Post
    We are currently looking at changing our phone system. I have installed the 3CX system for testing after seeing a review about it and it seems to work really well so far. I am getting some more phones as well as some wifi phones for testing to see how it all performs in different parts of the network.

Has anyone had any experience or are currently running 3CX as their phone system? I would love to hear whether it's up to the job in the real world. I am also interested in whether you changed completely to a VOIP SIP trunk, stayed with ISDN or something else.

Many thanks

Ben
    Hi,

I havent used it in production but used it in test with real phones etc. I also tried AsteriskNow and thought it was much better. Take a took.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    3cx do an android/iphone app whick also works as a plain sip client.

Ben

Thank Post
    @bclarke I know this thread is really old now but did a search for 3CX as our school is looking into it now as a new phone system and was really interested to know if you went down that route or not and if so how it went?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Yes we had it installed at Easter this year. Works brilliantly and is saving us a fortune in call costs. We went down the SIP trunk route using BT Infinity.

We went with Tri-lan IT who give excellent support and are always available on the phone and really know the system well. It has a lot if features that you pay a fortune for normally.

6. Thanks to bclarke from:

lmgtfy (15th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Wow thanks for the fast reply, we had Tri-lan IT in last week to give us talk and a quote. Interesting you went with BT for your SIP trunks I did think Tri-lans call costs were a little on the high side. What handsets did you go for, do you use the mobile apps at all, and finally any niggles or problems with 3CX as a system? Sorry for all the questions

Thank Post
    I am surprised if you think the call costs are high. We previously had ISDN lines with BT and costs were really high with them. The SIP provider costs are much lower than that.

We have Grandstream 1450 phones for most users and then have three larger phones for PA's and reception. They work well. We also have Grandstream cordless wifi phones. They are fine for the most part but do need good wifi coverage if you are walking and talking. I use the iphone app and that does come in handy and you can use the tunnel app to connect using any internet connection. We also have a polycom conference phone for our meeting room. This works better than I expected.

There have been a few quirks. Analogue fax machines need an adapter to make it compatible with VOIP. We used to have payphones. We still need one for boarding students. An initial solution of using a standard phone that students could enter a pin code to dial out fell flat when I realised it wasn't logging calls. I have now put an analogue payphone back in place with the same adapter for the fax.

We had some teething problems in the beginning but Tri-lan worked with us to get them resolved. For thenlife of me I can't remember what they were so it can't be that bad.

As Tri-lan are a recognised 3CX supplier they are in constant contact with 3CX. This is great fir passing on feature requests and also for any issues that do arise. It means you get a swift response back. They also get good support from Grandstream too.

9. Thanks to bclarke from:

lmgtfy (15th October 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread