+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400 GS blue screen issue - help needed!!!! in Technical; I didnt find out anything new from looking at the dump file, sorry. Maybe someone else will have more joy. ...

Thank Post
    I didnt find out anything new from looking at the dump file, sorry. Maybe someone else will have more joy.

I know you've said that you have followed many suggestions on google. Have you seen this one? Quite alot of people say it fixed the problem for them

1.Restart Windows 7 Setup
    2.During the "Expanding files" step, press Shift-F10 to open a command prompt
    3.Delete the nvlddmkm.sys file located at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ lh.inf_amd64_neutral_4f38d443efdd0a70.
    Wait for setup to create the file before you delete -- seems to occur when the progress meter reaches about 70%.
    Do not simply delete the folder before files are placed in it or the install process will fail.
    The commands you type in the command prompt are

Code:
    cd C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_ lh.inf_amd64_neutral_4f38d443efdd0a70
    del nvlddmkm.sys
    4.Let the install process finish, hopefully without any blue screens.
    5.Download and install the current driver from nvidia.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    the machine is an Advent T9610
    I don't think the graphics card or its driver are the problem here. The motherboard in the T9610 is a FoxConn G33M05 and one of the issues the G33M-series had was related to discrete graphics cards and driver installation. The release notes for the P30 BIOS state the following...

Code:
    Fixed external VGA can't install driver issue
    According to the mini dump you posted, it says you have BIOS version 763D3.P03. However, I can't find any BIOS updates specifically for your motherboard on the FoxConn website (probably because the G33M05 was an OEM only motherboard made for Dixons).

I reckon your only option is to buy a cheap G31/G33/P35 mATX motherboard and swap the components over. e.g. Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (~£32).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I don't think the graphics card or its driver are the problem here. The motherboard in the T9610 is a FoxConn G33M05 and one of the issues the G33M-series had was related to discrete graphics cards and driver installation. The release notes for the P30 BIOS state the following...

Code:
    Fixed external VGA can't install driver issue
    According to the mini dump you posted, it says you have BIOS version 763D3.P03. However, I can't find any BIOS updates specifically for your motherboard on the FoxConn website (probably because the G33M05 was an OEM only motherboard made for Dixons).

I reckon your only option is to buy a cheap G31/G33/P35 mATX motherboard and swap the components over. e.g. Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L (~£32).
    Foxconn Support - Download

Near the bottom of the page there is this one :

Screen shot 2011-06-05 at 07.51.14.png

To get to this page I clicked on the bios link on the motherboard link that you posted below, scroll down near the bottom. Like you said assuming this is the correct bios update

Foxconn - Products: Motherboard

If it is the right zip file / download - I have it attached to this post

Is there anyway Witch can backup the current BIOS before going ahead and updating it, that way if it goes wrong there may be a route of restoring the original bios ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 5th June 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,716 Posts
    I have tried the suggestion on google thanks but it didnt work. I also updated the BIOS with no effect.
    I HATE this sort of thing - I want to sort it out!
    I have now bought a Radeon beast and we will see if that works.
    Thanks guys

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I have tried the suggestion on google thanks but it didnt work. I also updated the BIOS with no effect.
    I HATE this sort of thing - I want to sort it out!
    I have now bought a Radeon beast and we will see if that works.
    Thanks guys
    keep us posted on how it goes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    assuming this is the correct bios update
    Witch needs BIOS 763D3.P30 or newer (rather than 722F1.P30), and that doesn't exist on the FoxConn website. This is why it didn't work for her.

It will be interesting to know if the Radeon has the same issue. I have a feeling it will.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Witch needs BIOS 763D3.P30 or newer (rather than 722F1.P30), and that doesn't exist on the FoxConn website. This is why it didn't work for her.

It will be interesting to know if the Radeon has the same issue. I have a feeling it will.
    Might have better luck with foxconn if you can call a support number or email them giving them all the details and requesting a bios update and they will send you an ftp or http link with the correct bios update

Thank Post
    right - the radeon WORKED!!!!!!!!! And I got the other one refunded..
    I have wasted so much time on this - and your time too guys - but thanks a lot.
    I still want to know what has gone on. I think it must be something to do with the video card being a newer versioin than the original one in the machine -but I would love to know what.
    The machine has gone back to its owners now, and I have the money so that's it.
    Thanks again

9. 2 Thanks to witch:

Arthur (5th June 2011), mac_shinobi (5th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Might have better luck with FoxConn if you can call a support number
    I doubt a huge company like FoxConn would care about such an old motherboard. At least the Radeon worked!

Also, I wish teachers wouldn't buy computers from PC World (particularly their own brand, Advent).

Thank Post
    Well at least the radeon worked, which radeon card was it ?

Thank Post
    I think it was a Radeon 4350 - basically the cheapest one in PC World (yes, I know, but I was in a hurry) and the nearest in price to the NVIDIA.

I must admit, had I known that a) the machine had Vista on it and
    b) it was an Advent
    I would have thought up an excuse and walked quietly away

Thank Post
    Hi This is an issue with the card getting too hot and the solder coming away from the chip and the connections become loose sometimes it will start othertimes it wont there are solutions check on youtube for an alternative to fixing this issue
    regards

Thank Post
    2 late now but if windows booted fine before the nvidia drivers then I'd have stuck with the MS drivers. I'm sure you could get along fine without the 3d boost. (as it'd be pretty marginal for such an old card.)

Thank Post

yeah sorry it was late

Hi sorry it was late but yes this can happen with some nvidia drivers the chip runs so hot it causes non lead free solder to melt and the best way is to get the chip reballed or resoldered using solder that wont melt so quickly hence the need for good cooling in these cards hopefully others will see this thread and give them some understanding its particularly dominant on onboard graphics i hope i have been able to help. Some people get a reflow done but this is just a temporary fix when people have come to me i have always done a reball or placed a chip that doesnt run so hot or install some better heatsink system to dissipate the heat away quickly
    kind regards
    simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12