+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Broadcom 4313 and Pre Logon in Technical; Good afternoon all. I am struglling with a batch of Samsung RV511's that have been purchased. The problem resides around ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Broadcom 4313 and Pre Logon

Good afternoon all.

I am struglling with a batch of Samsung RV511's that have been purchased.

The problem resides around the Wireless Chip (A Broadcom 4313 802.11n) not wanting to connect pre logon. I am using the latest Broadcom Drivers (5.60.350.21) available from the Samsung site.

The machine is running Win7 (a vanilla build).

Group policy is not processing, but more importantly no one is able to long on. The network does not connect until I have logged in as the administrator and I can see that the wireless is not connecting until this point.

Group Policy and logging on is fine through a wired connection, and all other machines in the school are working as expected.

The old 'Wait for network' GPO does not apply to Win 7, and the 'Startup Policy Processing wait time' GPO has no effect, so I am guessing it is driver related.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Does it or did it install any wireless utility ? If so is there anyway you can make sure windows deals with the wireless network and not any utility ?

Also when you installed the drivers can you go to advanced / customize etc and specify to install a wireless service which should hopefully run before the logon screen and thus allow you to logon using wireless assuming the connection has been specified ie the SSID, pass phrase / password and encryption type ie WPA, WPA2 etc

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi mac_shinobi.

I have tried various configurations (with the wireless utility/without it). Unfortunately there are no options in the installer that I can configure, It just does it. Within the Broadcom folder in program files is a copy of the drivers, which I have copied and tried after re-imaging the machine (to make sure nothing else had been left behind).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    I think with an asus wireless card i let it install and use its own utility but then in the network and sharing centre I think you can get to the manual config for the wireless and I added in the wireless network info and ticked the boxes to automatically connect when it cant find the network and when its not broadcasting etc and it seemed to auto magically connect

Obviously that was a home pc that was not on a domain so not sure how that would work or if you would need to set those settings through the local policy instead of through GPO ??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Aaaargh - Even worse, After installing the full driver again and messing with the options I thought that I had it, but 2 boots in and it stopped working again!

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread