+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Another Smartboard Alignment Problem in Technical; We've got a 64" Smartboard which needs calibrating every time the machine is restarted. It's got the latest drivers and ...
    Thank Post

Another Smartboard Alignment Problem

We've got a 64" Smartboard which needs calibrating every time the machine is restarted. It's got the latest drivers and software but the control panel hardware report page shows:

X Sheet resistance is OUT OF RANGE at 1078 ohms (Range 240 - 533)
    So I'm assuming it's a faulty board. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this?

Thank Post
    I've found that problems with SmartBoards "forgetting" calibration/orientation settings can usually be fixed by changing permissions on the SmartTech registry keys in HKLM. I normally allow full control to users.
    With your error message I wouldn't rule out the possibility it's faulty though. Have you also run the diagnostics?

Thank Post
    Have you tried resetting the board? (blue reset button usually on side of board)

Thank Post
    Hi

We have had it when the firmware of the board in not up to date.
    Have a look on the smartboard website for details. Upgrading SC9 Firmware on SMART Board 600 Series - SMART Technologies

Richard

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    I've found that problems with SmartBoards "forgetting" calibration/orientation settings can usually be fixed by changing permissions on the SmartTech registry keys in HKLM. I normally allow full control to users.
    With your error message I wouldn't rule out the possibility it's faulty though. Have you also run the diagnostics?
    I'm logging on as admin each time so I'm sure it's not permissions and I've run diagnostics which is why I know the resistance is out of range. I'm waiting for a reply from the Smart support guys who will say the boards needs replacing if this is anything to go by http://www2.smarttech.com/kbdoc/139485

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Have you tried resetting the board? (blue reset button usually on side of board)

Yes still the same.

Thank Post
    Hi Jobos,

If the diagnostic log is showing the X Sheet resistance as out of range then there's almost certainly a fault with either the board or the controller module on the back of it. Have you tried swapping the controller module with one from another board to see if the problem follows the controller module or is with the board itself?

The best way to get to the bottom of exactly what's gone wrong would be to contact Steljes (the UK distributor of SMART boards) technical support on 08450 724999. Make sure you've got the serial number of the board when you contact them, as the board may still be under warranty.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyCooper View Post
    Hi Jobos,

If the diagnostic log is showing the X Sheet resistance as out of range then there's almost certainly a fault with either the board or the controller module on the back of it. Have you tried swapping the controller module with one from another board to see if the problem follows the controller module or is with the board itself?

The best way to get to the bottom of exactly what's gone wrong would be to contact Steljes (the UK distributor of SMART boards) technical support on 08450 724999. Make sure you've got the serial number of the board when you contact them, as the board may still be under warranty.
    The Smart people put me on to Steljes but they told me the board is now out of warranty. Sods law really as the warranty finished 4 months ago and I've got no other boards to swap modules with. Steljes did give me a fault finding chart to run through so when I've got time I'll try that but deep down I know I'm wasting my time.

Thank Post
    We have had many similar problems with Smartboards. Sadly Steljes support have been useless with us. Very uncooperative and un-supportive!

I am so fed up of problems with our kit we are gradually swapping it out for the new Mimio ETeach which is an excellent product.

Thank Post
    Hi

Have you updated the firmware on the board.

Richard

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki View Post
    Hi

Have you updated the firmware on the board.

Richard
    Yes and running the latest drivers on the PC.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread