+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Recommend an All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier in Technical; Can someone please recommend me an All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier. I'd rather stick to HP as I prefer HP products ...
    Thank Post

Recommend an All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier

Can someone please recommend me an All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier. I'd rather stick to HP as I prefer HP products for their support and ease of finding accessories. Fax would be a bonus, but I would like Wireless as my parents may chose to place it in another room.

Thank Post
    Colour? Single pass colour? What scanning capabilities? TWAIN or CIFS/samba?

Thank Post
    Until last week I was using an HP all-in-one printer scanner model C8180. The print/scan quality is very good and it has five seperate inks for the colours plus black. It networked easily and also had a wireless connection. Built in card readers and a lightscribe CD. Brilliant printer! All was well until I decided that the HP inks were too expensive and I bought non HP inks on Amazon. They worked well with no problems at all with the print quality. In fact they lasted longer, particularly the black. But then came the problem. A constant nag screen on the printer LCD and on the computer telling me that a non-HP ink had been detected asking if I wanted to buy HP inks. I found no way to turn this off despite advice from an on-line forum on how to . It happened every time I turned the printer on and every time I tried to print. I know that I had invalidated the warranty, I know that I ran the risk of damage. Having this constant nag so infuriated me that I gave the printer away and bought a Brother.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread