+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP cashback promotions - cheque instead? in Technical; We've bought a HP CP2025n printer mainly because of the cashback available on it. Some suppliers have told me that ...
    Thank Post

HP cashback promotions - cheque instead?

We've bought a HP CP2025n printer mainly because of the cashback available on it. Some suppliers have told me that in exceptional circumstances, HP have issues cheques to schools where a bank account isn't available or where supplying bank account details is very difficult.

I have emailed HP promotions but their response was very generic about not issuing cheques etc but it came from an office in Germany so I don't fancy following that up by a phonecall.

Have any schools here managed to get cheques issued from HP when buying cashback products? In this instance it's just 1 printer but we may be buying more within the next 4-5 weeks and don't fancy having to have a nightmare job to get the cashback!

Thank Post
    In the past ive just filled in the online form with correct invoice refs and ive had the cheque within a few weeks. Paid in to school account, credited to school account, no problems.

Believe last time i did one it was for laptops, so unless the process is different this time around??? Have done it for printers as well though.

Thank Post
    The form I am seeing requires bank account details to be inputted, in order for cash to be deposited. When you say in the past, was this a while ago (maybe before they tried to enforce bank transfer only)?

Thank Post
    I have just looked on the HP site and it has changed since the last cash back off which was I think January. I didnt put any details in it they just sent a cheque addressed to the school.

Sorry for misleading info

Thank Post
    Just reading through terms and conditions and the promotion is done through the bracknell office, you could ring them see what they say. Bit closer than Germany.

Bracknell - HP UK Registered Office
    Amen Corner
    Cain Road
    Bracknell
    Berkshire, RG12 1HN
    Registered Number: 690597 ENGLAND

Phone 0870 013 0790 (International dial +44 207 9490300)
    Fax 01344 363344

6. Thanks to Max_Power from:

dgsmith (22nd March 2011)

Thank Post
    I have done this recently, filled in the cashback request but not filled in bank details. Phoned them up and they said if you wait until after the 52 days or whatever it is you can then ask for a cheque to be sent!

8. Thanks to pooley from:

dgsmith (22nd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Probably a daft question but why don't you want a bank transfer? Much less work - money just goes straight into the bank, no faffing around with having to pay in a cheque!

Thank Post
    Bursar not liking the idea of giving out bank details. I can't argue really - it's not my place to. Thanks Max_Power for the number and pooley for the info - I may just phone them anyway and ask if I can do it all over the phone!

Thank Post
    might it be easier to create a bank account just for this type of promotion so cashback goes in balance left at minimum no overdraft facility etc so nobody can take anything owt even with details as there is nowt there?

Thank Post
    It's not up to me to issue bank account details - I can't give them without permission! Well I phoned the number above (UK), got transferred to a department in Germany, they couldn't help and suggested I call the UK, which I had to begin with! GRR! What number did you call pooley?

Thank Post
    It was a while back now mate, there was an email contact on the "signup" page, so I emailed them asking if they had received my cashback request etc, they replied and I used the contact off that if I remember right.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    It seems to depend which firm is dealing with the cashbacks for them, they used to use a firm called Outbound I think and they were the cheque people but when I got a load of HP PCs with cashback the other holiday I had to do it via BACS and it was fine just made it a bit hard to balance in the books as money just appearing makes issues but we survived

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread