+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, SOHO wireless router in Technical; Hey folks, Got a Netgear DG834G v5 in the office which is just not able to cope with the load ...

Thank Post

SOHO wireless router

Hey folks,

Got a Netgear DG834G v5 in the office which is just not able to cope with the load that
    we are throwing at it and the fact that it's port forwarding / wireless throughput etc
    is rather pants to say the least.

Been looking at getting a Vigor 2820N to replace it (had one at home for some time due to ex flat mate abusing the torrents so QOS for the win).

Just wondering if any had any other suggestions as have had the odd issue with the Vigor at home and need something nice and reliable.

Thank Post
    I've had a Vigor 2820n for a while and it's been fine. However, there have been quite a number of people on the Draytek forum who have had no end of trouble with it, particularly after updating the firmware. I've not updated mine because I fear breaking the router! Another problem that many have faced is the lack of support from Draytek about problems/bugs reported to them.

Whilst I can't say that I have experienced any problems personally, I think that I'm just lucky. I don't think that I'll try my luck again and won't buy another Draytek because I've heard so many bad stories about them. Having said that, I'm sure that someone else might post that they're the best routers on the planet!

Thank Post
    The only issue I had with mine was i think with a firmware update causing oddness.

Unless anyone has a suggestion of a good solid router to go with will be pestering me boss to get his card out

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread