+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP CP1515n + Server 2008 = MAJOR HEADACHE! in Technical; As title basically states, we upgraded our Server from 2003 to 2008 and had nothing but problems with the HP ...
    In an airless, window free cupboard at the back of the ICT suite...
    Thank Post

Angry HP CP1515n + Server 2008 = MAJOR HEADACHE!

As title basically states, we upgraded our Server from 2003 to 2008 and had nothing but problems with the HP CP1515n printers across school. They refuse to print, even though they are online. Sometimes, they'll send a job through but only after a loooong period of inactivity. Our techs are scratching their heads as they have installed the 2008 drivers from HP, but they are Universal and the techs are sure that this is the cause of the problems. Is there anyone out there who has this issue? We cannot be the only souls in the whole of Christendom cursed by this obnoxious combination!

Any and all suggestions (to help me avoid being bludgeoned to death by my own body parts by an increasingly irate staff), will be most gratefully accepted.

Yours in printer hell,

LD

Thank Post
    I removed all Universal hp drivers from my networks due to issues. have a go with standard drivers.

3. Thanks to edutech4schools from:

dinsyboy (14th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Cheers for the reply - so try with the original drivers the CP1515n shipped with? There is definitely something odd with these Universal drivers - a lot of the settings seem to have gone AWOL as well...Would you recommend trying the Server 2003 drivers as before, as I don't think the CD shipped with Server 2008 drivers? My last resort is to use the USB cable to connect to local machines (Win XP) and share...but that's how we had the old inkjets set up before we bought these 2 years ago!
    Cheers,

LD

Thank Post
    Hi mate
    I recently did the same upgrade but mine was a fresh server install. i have had no problem installing the printer on server 2008 64 bit. I downloaded the univeral print driver from the Hp website, Created a tcp/ip port, generic network card, and then pointed the installation to the downloaded driver.

When i did that i downloaded the windows xp (32) driver from the website and and added the extra driver to the printer so that it would be available to the client machines. I then deployed using group policy and added as a shared printer on local laptops and it works a dream, no problems fount at all.

Have you tried updating the firmware on the printer, there is a download available on the Hp website.

Could there be problem with your network / server

Hopefully i have shed some light on this matter by telling you how i did it. let me know how u get on, if i can be some more help let me know mate.

Darren

6. Thanks to daz5505 from:

dinsyboy (14th March 2011)

Thank Post
    I recall our one and only 1515n printer playing up like this when we first set it up on server 2003. I seem to recall we upgraded the firmware on the printer which solved the problem, although it was a while back now.

Thank Post
    Just seen HP only do the universal drivers for this printer on you server. go with the firmware option first.

If you do a print from the server is that any better?

Thank Post
    Printing from the server seems fine - the issue is from the XP client machines.

LD

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread