+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, New Printer in Technical; Hi all, Our main office printer is on the blink and I'm looking for a good replacement for a hp ...

Thank Post

Question New Printer

Hi all,

Our main office printer is on the blink and I'm looking for a good replacement for a hp 2025dn. It needs to be a colour laser printer with separate trays for letterhead/plain paper. The printer will be printing around 5000 pages/month which is over what our current one is recommended Can anyone recommend a good printer with reasonably priced toners?

many thanks

Thank Post
    HP laserjet 4700DN, very good quality printer, easy to set up. We have a few in the school, very robust.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    HP laserjet 4700DN, very good quality printer, easy to set up. We have a few in the school, very robust.
    +1 for the HP4700

Or the HP4005 is just as good, as with all you may have to buy separate paperbin for letterheaded paper (or just use tray 1)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reprised View Post
    I'm looking for a good replacement for a hp 2025dn.
    A bit off topic, but how have you found the CP2025 printers? I am looking to buy a few of these for here and was wondering what people think of them. It concerns me if you're saying it needs replacing when they haven't been out that long! We have a CP3525n and that is fantastic, and reasonable yields on cartridges too (it's the next one up to the CP2025).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    A bit off topic, but how have you found the CP2025 printers? I am looking to buy a few of these for here and was wondering what people think of them. It concerns me if you're saying it needs replacing when they haven't been out that long! We have a CP3525n and that is fantastic, and reasonable yields on cartridges too (it's the next one up to the CP2025).
    I've got a couple here and havn't had many problems with them - did at my last place with ghosting but it was rubbish drivers.

Have you looked at printer/Photocopier leasing. They tend to be very cheap to print to. I'm currently looking at getting a couple of colour lasers added onto our leasing bill from Ricoh.

Toby

6. Thanks to glennda from:

dgsmith (9th March 2011)

Thank Post
    TBH we have 7 of these, we've had issues with one (but that may be toner related) otherwise no issues at all. The print quality is good, they are very easy to setup and use (we have ours networked and shared to multiple users)

The only problem we have seen is that they do burn through toner, but we did put them in a suite and they do seem more suited to an office that doesn't do as much printing

Otherwise no issues at all

8. Thanks to sister_annex from:

dgsmith (9th March 2011)

Thank Post
    The printers do go through quite a lot of toner pretty quickly. We have a few of these in the IT suites and they haven't really given us any problems. The only one we've had a problem with is the office one which is heavily used. Had it a couple of years but it keeps jamming, i've tried all sorts but no luck. It has printed way over the max recommended duty cycle per month so maybe that is why it is knackered.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,551 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have some.

As other have said the toner lasts 2 minutes. The tray also doesnt hold much. They are ideal for a little office with small amounts of printing.

Thank Post
    It's worth taking a look at the kyocera range, we've not use the colour but have deployed 45 odd B/W printers to replace P2055's P2015's and some other old HP stuff. We're getting them on a managed contract so have all servicing and toners included. We've opted for a cost per page only option, but there would also be quarterly lease and lower cost per page.

The hardware works really well though, nice and fast plus Kyocera have some good eco credentials as Imaging drums etc aren't part of the toner so the carbon footprint and recycling is better.

Skr

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread