+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Dell 19" 4:3 Monitors with rotating power button in Technical; Hi All, I just want to see if anyone else has had this issue with Dell Monitors. It seems that ...

Thank Post

Dell 19" 4:3 Monitors with rotating power button

Hi All,
    I just want to see if anyone else has had this issue with Dell Monitors. It seems that the round (usually silver or black) power button on the E198FPb and the E190Sb rotates and the makes it very difficult to turn on and off. I have spoken to Dell, who are replacing them all (from about 15 primary schools we look after) which could be about 150!!!
    Dell have said that they have never heard of this issue before, but I know for a fact we sent back a bunch a couple of years ago with this issue. These are not just pupil machines, as I have a few from admin offices to send back too.

Anyone else had this??

Thanks

Nick

Thank Post
    We have loads of these (over 150 anyway). Purchased a batch in 2007, then again in 2008 (to go with our OptiPlex 755s) and I have't seen this problem.

However, there has been a problem where the user will report the monitor is dead (won't turn on); when we check we find it to be the case. But if we unplug the power cable and put it back in (or swap the power to the PC to the power to the monitors) it sometimes fixes it.

Bruce.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce123 View Post

However, there has been a problem where the user will report the monitor is dead (won't turn on); when we check we find it to be the case. But if we unplug the power cable and put it back in (or swap the power to the PC to the power to the monitors) it sometimes fixes it.

Bruce.
    We have the exact same problem, usually just unplug the power, push the power button a few times to flush it, give it about 15 secs, plug back in and usually fine. pain in the ass tho!

Thank Post
    Naff, aren't they. F178FP's here, will sit at amber all day long unless hard power cycled. Our old screens (same type, just older) didn't have this issue.

Thank Post
    We have both issues alluded to here. On our Dell 17" monitors, some have a small raised silver power button, If this rotates then it becomes almost impossible to turn the monitor on and off. Dell have replaced a number of these for us under warentee with refurbs that have flat plastic buttons.

The other issue is one where the monitor wont turn on even though the button seems fine. This is cured by unplugging the power for 15 mins or so.
    One we had, had this issue about 4 times a week, so we got that replaced under warentee also.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread