+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP Officejet 7000 Woes...somebody help before I go on a killing spree ! in Technical; Absolutely at my wits end (not that is particularly far some people would say ) We have 3 A3 Officejet ...
    Thank Post

HP Officejet 7000 Woes...somebody help before I go on a killing spree !

Absolutely at my wits end (not that is particularly far some people would say )

We have 3 A3 Officejet 7000s and they are driving me utterly mad.

I've tried 11 different drivers so far, various "compatible" ones and version 12, 13 and 14 of the official drivers. I've installed, cleaned, removed , reinstalled umpteen times. Tried on Server 2003, Server 2008, an XP machine....No matter what I have tried its done the following..

Doesnt print, throws out a blank page and when you look at the printer in the browser via IP it shows an alert which says "Media Error : Media Mismatch".

Print an A4 page with A4 paper, Media Mismatch
    Print an A3 page with A3 paper, Media Mismatch
    Print anything at all damnit...Media Mismatch.

Tried phoning HP themselves, sent through to some Delhi backstreet and the woman was next to useless and clearly just following on-screen prompts.... "Go to the start menu"....er...yeah, you do know what I do for a job right? I mean you do understand what I've tried so far?.

Has anyone, anyone at all...got any idea why the devil I am getting Media Mismatch on every one of these printers, seemingly regardless of driver or OS. We have almost 200 HP printers and the others are all fine apart from these A3s, which CDT want for weird plans and gadgets and what not
    Last edited by Jake; 15th February 2011 at 09:02 AM.

rad
    Thank Post
    On one of our HP printers there is a switch you have to flick from custom to something, sorry unfermilliar with these printers.

3. Thanks to rad from:

Jake (15th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,666 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Longshot but have you tried going into the web managment of the printer by the ethernet port (checked quickspec and it should have one HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer (C9299A) specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products ) and checking what paper types are setup on the different trays. If it is like some of the lasers it can get mental ideas about being loaded with a6 paper in a single tray causing these types of errors. Admittidly usually caused by kids messing with the onboard control panel despite the supposed software lockout but perhaps a powercut or firmware update has these printer beleiving that tray one only contains banana skins or something.

Its worth a shot anyhow, the web interface may also give you a bunch more information about the error in its logs too.

5. Thanks to SYNACK from:

Jake (15th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Yeah I've gone to the web management via IP (thats where I see the Media Mismatch error reported), but there are no options on there for paper types or tray setups. The web page is actually pretty basic, essentially just covers the networking details, ink levels, current status and thats about it. Nothing in there thats actually configurable (aside from the network settings)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,666 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Yeah I've gone to the web management via IP (thats where I see the Media Mismatch error reported), but there are no options on there for paper types or tray setups. The web page is actually pretty basic, essentially just covers the networking details, ink levels, current status and thats about it. Nothing in there thats actually configurable (aside from the network settings)
    Is there an option to force a printer based testprint, usually its in the web interface and can be triggered by a long button press on a button (sometimes the power) this would at least prove that the hardware could handle printing itself and isolate a mechanical fault.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Is there an option to force a printer based testprint, usually its in the web interface and can be triggered by a long button press on a button (sometimes the power) this would at least prove that the hardware could handle printing itself and isolate a mechanical fault.
    Nothing within the web interface, but I can perform a test print using the physical buttons on the printer. Which prints happily without issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread