+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Wall mountable speakers in Technical; I am looking for some wall mountable speakers. In our classrooms, we normally suggest to the teacher which speaker system ...
    Thank Post

Wall mountable speakers

I am looking for some wall mountable speakers. In our classrooms, we normally suggest to the teacher which speaker system they would want. Either a 2.0 setup on their desk or a 2.1 setup on the wall.

We have been using the Creative Series T3100 and T3030 for this purpose as they provide the greatest flexibility but it is getting harder and harder to source wall mountable speakers.

I have seen the logitech X210 X-210 but the only problem with these is the satellite speaker connection into the sub. It is a single 3.5mm connection which both satellites are connected to and i know we are going to have to extend the cable for the speakers to sit either side of the whiteboards, although i have seen the Altec Lansing VS2421 speakers http://www.alteclansing.co.uk/images...SELL-SHEET.pdf. The only trouble with these is the sub. I cannot find a speaker bracket that will fit a 14.3cm sub, but if i was to lay the sub down, it wouldnt be a problem.

Just seen the Sony D211 which are wall mountable but the wired remote doesnt look practical enough and the sub just looks too big.

Can anyone else recommend a wall mountable 2.1 speaker system?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Why wall-mount a 2.1 system? 2.0 will be much more flexible - and a sub will never sound it's best hanging from a bracket. We very rarely spec 2.1 systems here - we tend to stick to CreativeGigaworks T20 speakers or Edirol MA-7As - they have plenty of bass response for most classroom work. Easy to mount up on brackets, and flexible cabling.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Can you not go with a 2.0 setup and something like these? Vision SP-1300 Pair 2-Way Wall Loudspeakers + Vision TC2-AMP2 2x20w Digital Amplifier Module

4. Thanks to SYSMAN_MK from:

timbo343 (20th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Can you not go with a 2.0 setup and something like these? Vision SP-1300 Pair 2-Way Wall Loudspeakers + Vision TC2-AMP2 2x20w Digital Amplifier Module
    This is the sort of thing we do, we use ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS|SP103|INTEGRATED STEREO AMPLIFIER | CPC as our base amp now and match speakers to it.

Thank Post
    I've recently started using the Vision gear after using Nuvo speakers for years. The Vision stuff sounds much better (and louder) plus you get a little remote for the teacher to lose

Thank Post
    Just looked at the vision stuff... dont want to sound thick, but... how do you get power to the device?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    Just looked at the vision stuff... dont want to sound thick, but... how do you get power to the device?
    There is a power brick - one end plugs into the mains and the other into the amp. Simples!

9. Thanks to Ric_ from:

timbo343 (20th January 2011)

Thank Post
    oh... so i could mount this next to or near the power socket, route the cable in a bit of trunking into the back of the face plate where the amp is and bobs your uncle. Then for the speaker cable, run trunking up the wall to the ceiling up to the speakers.

Are the speakers good quality? They will be used for science and some of the videos they are using are fairly quiet. Also, whats the bass like on them?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    I've recently started using the Vision gear after using Nuvo speakers for years. The Vision stuff sounds much better (and louder) plus you get a little remote for the teacher to lose
    Agreed. Seem much better than the Nuvo ones, and they were good already. Loving the remote and digital display. Have to say they are plenty loud enough for classroom use, have even got one running hall speakers for a small infant school.

I'm going to put together a small review in the next week or so, watch this space.

Thank Post
    Two lots of the Vision stuff bought.... Just hope it all works..

@Sysman: Once i have got them installed, i can give you my view on them if you want? It shouldnt take long for me to put them up... Touches wood!
    Last edited by timbo343; 20th January 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Another vote for Vision here too, fitted lots over the past 12 months and had no failures yet. You can also link the amp to your existing faceplate audio input connections, if you want to install the amp in a different location. i.e a locked cupboard etc.

Thank Post
    +1 for vision.

We kited out our 3 new ICT rooms with vision speakers and the little wall mountable amps and they've been brilliant these last 18 months. The wall mounted speakers are better than the ones you can mount in ceiling tiles we've found, and we run 4 speakers per amp so the teacher can have the volume lower as there's speakers halfway down the room as well as at the front - the specs of the amp say this is OK.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 1,342 Posts
    We use vision speakers and amps the new new amps can share power with the ir blasters as well so you can have wall mounted projector control too.

Simple to install unobtrusive and more than adequate for classroom use.

Ben

Thank Post
    Im starting to look forward to getting the vision stuff now. Te only thing that is pretty off putting i thought was the price. I can see some members of staff arguing the point that you can buy 2.0 speakers for 10.

Thank Post
    Speakers - Audio & Video | Tronios

The ones at the bottom there are fantastic if your classroom cielings are suspended ceilings like ours, nice and cheap too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast