+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Oracle S7000 - New firmware 2010.Q3.2.0 in Technical; No new new features to talk about, but 50+ bugs fixed plus SAS-2 Disk firmware upgrades. More details can be ...
    Thank Post

Oracle S7000 - New firmware 2010.Q3.2.0

No new new features to talk about, but 50+ bugs fixed plus SAS-2 Disk firmware upgrades.

More details can be found at Software Updates - Fishworks - wikis.sun.com

Happy New Year

Andy

2. Thanks to apaton from:

Duke (4th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Hmm to upgrade the 7120 and see what occurs before I put any data on it.....

Thank Post
    John, just do it.... you know it makes sense. And Andy, thanks for putting this new up on here.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year.

Thank Post
    Why do you hate me Oracle, whyyyy? O_o

PLEASE NOTE: THE DOWNLOAD PROCESS & SITE HAVE CHANGED

- Sign in/log in to my oracle support: https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html
    - Select from top set of tabs, "Patches & Updates"
    - do a search by product family:
    - Product is Sun ZFS Storage Appliance
    - Release is Sun ZFS Storage 7000 Software 2010.Q3
    - Click Search button (You can also search using the patchid # i.e."10435589")
    - Download the zip file, p10435589_120_Generic.zip, to your local system and unzip.
    - A directory named "All_Supported_Platforms" will be created.
    - Inside of the directory there are license files and the actual software update with the file name:
    ak-nas-2010-08-17-2-0-1-1-18-nd.pkg.gz
    Urgh, Happy New Year from Larry.

Thank Post
    Duke,

Drop me a mail I'll sort it out for you.

7. 2 Thanks to kmount:

Duke (4th January 2011), Hebdenlad (5th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Drop me a mail I'll sort it out for you.
    No worries, it's fine, thanks for the offer though! I found it all right in the end, just a lot more hunting and clicking than with the Sun site - Fishworks blog post > Download link > Login > Download.

Just me being grumpy lol.

9. Thanks to Duke from:

Hebdenlad (5th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    No worries, it's fine, thanks for the offer though! I found it all right in the end, just a lot more hunting and clicking than with the Sun site - Fishworks blog post > Download link > Login > Download.

Just me being grumpy lol.
    No your not being grumpy, I agree it was the most annoying process I've EVER had to get a download. You get MS Hotfixes that are request only ones easier!.

But I found it in the end switching tabs back to the Fishworks blog and then back to the site and waiting for it, and it was rather slow but I put that down to my previously reported issues to Cutter about how its showing my support contracts....

I've applied it to the 7120 and its alive still so its not that disastrous the update, nothing on the new SAN yet, not had time to do anything yet as its been a mega day today, but its not having kernal panics or anything so must be a good start.....

11. Thanks to john from:

Duke (5th January 2011)

Thank Post
    I think I'm a couple of releases behind (haven't been any major new features and this release has been rock-solid) so I'd best schedule some downtime and catch up... Problem with working in a school is when to do it? Work late on a Friday, give up a Saturday morning, or wait until the next holiday?

Thank Post
    I think I'm a couple of releases behind (haven't been any major new features and this release has been rock-solid) so I'd best schedule some downtime and catch up... Problem with working in a school is when to do it? Work late on a Friday, give up a Saturday morning, or wait until the next holiday?
    In my case the 7120 is new and I have been so busy I've not got any files on it so can up and down it whenever. The 7110 however is an issue its our NFS and iSCSI box for the entire LAN so taking it down isn't the best at any time. Were into reports now so even though I am working nights at times over the next few months I won't be flavour of the month to take it down, so it will be half term when I am having my faulty fuse box replaced in the Server Room.

My 7110 last got updated in the summer to support 2008 R2, but still has all the deffered updates waiting from back in the time of the de-dupe for it, so its got a lot of work to do!. I need to do a complete backup of it first though as I need to do it and get it the same level as the other one then we can replicate nicely.

I would also like to thank Kim for his prompt contact with me this morning about my support contract issues, Kim and the team at Cutter are brilliant, and I am sure that my issues will be resolved.
    Last edited by john; 5th January 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Kim and the team at Cutter are brilliant
    +1 on that - for a fairly small company they've really got themselves sorted.

I still haven't figured out a way to manage downtime in a school that expects business-level uptime but gives you school-level budgets. Rock and a hard place, working nights would mostly solve it for me but at what personal cost? I wouldn't get paid/TOIL for it, if I start doing it on a regular basis then it becomes 'expected' rather than something I'm willing to do on occasion, Friday nights out start to disappear when something goes wrong at 6pm after work...

Thank Post
    +1 on that - for a fairly small company they've really got themselves sorted.

I still haven't figured out a way to manage downtime in a school that expects business-level uptime but gives you school-level budgets. Rock and a hard place, working nights would mostly solve it for me but at what personal cost? I wouldn't get paid/TOIL for it, if I start doing it on a regular basis then it becomes 'expected' rather than something I'm willing to do on occasion, Friday nights out start to disappear when something goes wrong at 6pm after work...
    The nights for me, for this month are a temporary change in my hours. We've had a staffing restructure on Support Staff across the board, ICT has escpated this one (after being affected last time we had one), but Site Management has again, so we haven't got anyone to lock up at nights until next month when new hours and contracts start for the newly shaped Site Team. So myself and my Tech have gone onto a shift pattern of normal hours for one and the other does just after lunch till late night (when night classes have finished). Its a temp thing and actually is being beneficial in the short term, I've fitted 2 CCTV Camera cable runs in 2 nights, as I can rip corridors and panels off at 3:30 and work right through till late meaning in a way for me, if I can manage it single handedly, its like school holidays every day.

16. Thanks to john from:

Duke (6th January 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread