+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP Server Nightmare in Technical; Is anyone else having problems with HP servers and support? I am in the UAE, so it might be a ...

Thank Post

HP Server Nightmare

Is anyone else having problems with HP servers and support?

I am in the UAE, so it might be a regional problem. We recently purchased 6 HP servers and we have had 3 of them fail. Two of them were DL 380 G7s and one of them a DL 380 G6. We have also had problems with their autoloader tape drive, but that seems to have been a software issue.

On our first failure we submitted report. Our "next day" response called us on Wednesday and said he would show up on Sunday with a new motheboard - without seeing what the problem was (yes, he had our report).

After 3 months of this instability and multiple failures, I wrote to HP. They said they would get in touch with me in about 10 days because there was a 3 day holiday looming. They never did get in touch. I wrote to them again, said I was replacing our servers with IBM and posting my experiences on this forum.

Our techs also feel the new HP printers we bought do not have the traditional HP solid manufacturing and are looking a little cheap.

I was such a fan of HP. This experience is so disheartening. We had a major migration that has been set back going on 4 months and we have lost the confidence of staff because of this.

Is anyone else having HP issues?

Thank Post
    Not ever had issues with their servers, the last range I used was their G5's and they seemed very good, and their service has always been top-notch when I've had to use it. However I totally agree with the comment regarding the printers. I've got a fair number of different HP printers in my place, some going back over 10yrs and the newer one's just aren't the quality build of the older ones without a shadow of a doubt. Papertrays in particular are much more fragile, and I've had numerous problems with electronics in the newer ones where as the older ones just soldier on and on and on and on - it's just a shame they're not quicker or we'd probably have never replaced them! I've switched my prefered printer manufacturer from HP to Xerox in recent times, as they seem better built printers.
    Last edited by maniac; 28th November 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Thank Post
    Yes - totally agree on the G5s - very good line.

I was wondering what the recent downturn in the economy might have had on overall quality of tech products. Many factories allowed their stock to run low, so parts supply was scarce. We just had a major re-vamp and our Cisco products were delayed because of parts supply.

A swallow does not make a summer, but it will be interesting to see if there is an overall quality issue with recent product.

Our next project is to refresh our mfps. Good to see you are happy with Xerox. Thanks for the comment.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    I was wondering what the recent downturn in the economy might have had on overall quality of tech products. Many factories allowed their stock to run low, so parts supply was scarce. We just had a major re-vamp and our Cisco products were delayed because of parts supply.
    A lot of manufacturers are only making their expensive kit to order these days, or as you say only holding the minimum they can get away with in stock. I've noticed this with on-line retailers in particular, there's a lot more 'out of stock but more due in . . .' notices on some sites than there ever used to be.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread