+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Epson projectors - unlimited lamp warranty? in Technical; We're looking to get a new Epson projector and tend to always seek projectors that have a free lamp. Insight ...
    Thank Post

Epson projectors - unlimited lamp warranty?

We're looking to get a new Epson projector and tend to always seek projectors that have a free lamp. Insight have a good price however upon contacting them, was told that Epson provide an "unlimited" lamp warranty to education customers, meaning we'd never need to buy a replacement lamp for the projector for as long as we own it.

I've never known this before, and other suppliers who have quoted on this for us have mentioned either 3 or 4 year lamp warranty, but no mention of an "unlimited" one. Anyone have any experience of this and could maybe shed some light as to whether this is genuine or not? Is it just via certain suppliers or anyone? I don't doubt for a minute that Insight would exaggerate this and I am waiting for some literature on this to have it in writing, though hearing it from someone else would be good too!

Seems too good to be true in some ways..

Thank Post
    The last couple of EB-84He's that I have bought, I was told that they had either a 3 or 4 year lamp warranty on them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,642 Posts
    I'm astonished at a year based lamp warranty. Surely it's the numbers of hours the lamp is used that affects its lifespan?

Thank Post
    I'd imagine they mean unlimited replacements within x years. Some lamp warantees will only replace the bulb once apparently.

Thank Post
    Confirmed that it is just 3yrs unlimited (so unlimited within the 3yrs), which is what I expected but not let to believe. I thought it was too good to be true! Needless to say the same model with the free lamp which is £15 cheaper is the better option!

Thank Post
    insight have some strange pricing. LTO3 tapes are cheaper individually than in a pack (10 or 20 i can't remember) but the pack does come with a free memory stick??? I think if you look at the non-education price, the prices make more sense, they just discount some stuff more for us than other stuff, maybe their margin is better??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    Confirmed that it is just 3yrs unlimited (so unlimited within the 3yrs), which is what I expected but not let to believe. I thought it was too good to be true! Needless to say the same model with the free lamp which is £15 cheaper is the better option!
    It depends, 2 of the epsons we brought last year blew their lamps at around 1200hrs. The sonys we brought the year before all blow their lamps at around 900hrs. I'd be tempted to go with the 3yr lamp warrantee for peace of mind, if it hasn't gone through at least 1 bulb within 3 years just ensure it gets a little bit more use towards the middle of the 2nd year - its a pain that Epson actually send someone out to replace the bulbs - sony just send the bulb.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread