+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Printer leasing? in Technical; Does anyone here lease their printers? If so, what company do you use and what sort of costs do you ...
    Thank Post

Printer leasing?

Does anyone here lease their printers?
    If so, what company do you use and what sort of costs do you pay?

I am looking to lease 24 colour printers for classrooms and have been quoted by a few local firms for the project, but the Bursar would like to get a much broader idea of who other education establishments use for their leases.

Cheers!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    we use M2 digital for copiers and printers. It costs more than running things ourselves, but we find the whole system is vastly more efficient and billing back departments for usages is going to be a lot more accurate when I have papercut print management configured appropriately.

3. Thanks to browolf from:

Pete10141748 (26th November 2010)

Thank Post
    We use a company called E-Solutions, they supply us with an all canon solution, we pay per print and the printers report back to them when toners are low, waste toner containers are needing replacing etc and then they post them out to us so that we have replacements ready for when they are empty.

Our printing costs have been reduced a fair bit by doing this, i'd highly recommend it from our experience, we're also getting all our reprographics machines replaced today by them and uniflow software implemented soon with a follow me printing solution.

EDIT: if you like give them a call for some advice: http://www.e-sol.co.uk/ if you do say archway school recommended them

5. Thanks to mrbios from:

Pete10141748 (26th November 2010)

Thank Post
    We lease some Kyocera printers (about 20) from a local company. They just charge on a per page basis and leave us with a supply of toners etc. The printers are very good quality and (touch wood) have reduced printing issues to almost nothing. They are colour and duplex printers (set to b&w by default) and they have saved us a fortune. Printing is more reliable so we get fewer reprints, they duplex so fewer sheet are used and they do b&w by default so avoiding non-essential colour work. They also save technician time in a big way too. All in all very happy with the solution.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    We lease some Kyocera printers (about 20) from a local company. They just charge on a per page basis and leave us with a supply of toners etc. The printers are very good quality and (touch wood) have reduced printing issues to almost nothing. They are colour and duplex printers (set to b&w by default) and they have saved us a fortune. Printing is more reliable so we get fewer reprints, they duplex so fewer sheet are used and they do b&w by default so avoiding non-essential colour work. They also save technician time in a big way too. All in all very happy with the solution.
    What model kyocera are you using for your IT rooms? We had Kyocera before our current system, and although the printers were fantastic the drivers were not! I remember having an issue once (few years back now) where i had to update the printer driver on one classroom due to a bug with the version we were using, and updating the driver on the print server made all the printers (about 25 at the time) get deleted.... i wasn't a happy bunny No doubt better now though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    What model kyocera are you using for your IT rooms? We had Kyocera before our current system, and although the printers were fantastic the drivers were not! I remember having an issue once (few years back now) where i had to update the printer driver on one classroom due to a bug with the version we were using, and updating the driver on the print server made all the printers (about 25 at the time) get deleted.... i wasn't a happy bunny No doubt better now though
    Not had any issues here. They are Kyocera FS-C5300 DN KX

Thank Post
    FS-C5300 is the model we currently have here. It's been very reliable so far, and Kyocera offer a Universal Print Driver that works with any model of their printer now so it's easy to get installed and shared

Thanks to those who have shared their info already; is there any way (either on here or via PM to me) you can tell me the kind of cost you are getting (ie how much per mono page, how much per colour page, how much per year to lease the printers etc) as this is what the Bursar is mainly concerned about - local companies charging us higher rates than someone else but as we've never done a lease before we have no real idea which companies to look at anyway!

Thank Post
    always read the small print...its not often you find a reasonably honest copier/printer sales person.
    A lot of contracts start of nice and cheap until you read the small print that states you must increase your usage by 10% per year and all sorts of other sneaky things.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread