+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, 32" or 40" LCD TV with suitable mounts. in Technical; I'm not really clued-up on new fangled TVs so help much appreciated. Need to mount either a 32" or 40" ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

32" or 40" LCD TV with suitable mounts.

I'm not really clued-up on new fangled TVs so help much appreciated.

Need to mount either a 32" or 40" TV on a wall. The TV will be mainly displaying content from the Internet, but will also need to be connected to a sky box to show content. The TV will also be connected to a bespoke bit of kit that is from what I can tell a glorified modem that relays live financial data from the stockmarkets. This can either be attached directly to the screen or to a PC.

The TV also needs picture in a picture facility so that the user could be doing something on the Internet but keeping an eye on the news and vice versa.

The TV needs to have something like an Acer Veriton N281G or similar attached to the rear with a vesa mount, with a wireless/bluetooth keyboard/mouse attached. It has to be mounted as the user doesn't want stuff hanging/trailing everywhere.

Do any TVs have mounts that enable them to be simultaneously wall-mounted and have a PC attached as well? The ones I've looked at only seem to have mounts for the wall bracket?
    Last edited by tech_guy; 22nd November 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 729 Posts
    Just bought a really good LCD TV 32" from Aldi for 249 excellent value with a 3 years warranty, wall brackets you can get from Asda for around 20, if you need larger size TV then Tesco is the place to go.

Have fun

The Smaller brackets from Asda have another mount which allows for power adapter to sit on this might do ya!
    As for picture within picture that is down to the software as to how it projects it through the TV.
    ONE LAN box will provide the screen framing and you can setup RSS feeds and the like within that and then all you require then is a 32" or 42" LCD screen with a Acer Veriton N281G fixed to the back of it or slung beneath it.
    Last edited by bossman; 22nd November 2010 at 01:53 PM.

3. Thanks to bossman from:

tech_guy (22nd November 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah the joys of VESA, so am I right in thinking you effectively want from the wall to have: wall---mount---PC---TV? Tough to achieve with standard products, I spent 2 years designing and buying mounts and I never came across anything off the shelf which could do this (at least not on a wall mount for a sizable TV).

Simplest solution, whilst not ideal, would be to put a TV Bracket with say a 150-200mm distance from wall to VESA mount and then use the stand/ VESA connector for the Acer Veriton N281G to mount it to a slim line wall mount positioned below the TV bracket. Alternatively get your DT techs to weld a cradle onto a VESA adaptor plate so PC would hang below and wall bracket screws go through the plate and then in to back of TV.

Hope that makes sense!

Mark
    Last edited by CPLTD; 22nd November 2010 at 03:11 PM.

5. Thanks to CPLTD from:

Abe

Thank Post
    We've found that a tiltable wall mount for a large screen TV normally leaves enough room to mount an ultra small form factor PC such as an Eeebox directly to the wall behind it, using the bracket that comes with the computer for mounting on the back of a monitor.

Abe

7. Thanks to Abe from:

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the suggestions. I can't believe there isn't an off the shelf solution for this. As more and more people use the internet with their TVs I guess we'll see the facility to mount the small form factor PCs on the back of them appear. At the moment velcro is being used but I didn't recommend it to the guy in case it falls off the back.

We've now got a bracket for the TV and the vesa mount for the Acer so we're going to do some welding!

Thank Post
    If you have super-dooper industrial strength velcro it should be fine. We have some that takes a fair bit of yanking before it will come apart.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread