+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Looking for a new router. in Technical; I'm currently using a Billion BiPAC 7300G for my networking at home, I've been using it for about 3 years ...

Thank Post

Looking for a new router.

I'm currently using a Billion BiPAC 7300G for my networking at home, I've been using it for about 3 years and I'm about to updrade my general computer and media servers WiFi card to a PCI-E ASUS PCE-N13.

I'm looking at a ASUS RT-N16 because of the Wireless N, Printer sharing, FTP and all the additional features. The only thing is that my sisters laptops are all Wireless b/g and the PS3 doesn't support Wireless N and I can't seem to find out if the ASUS RT-N16 is b/g/n compatible. If I replace my current router with the ASUS RT-N16 can I use the Billion BiPAC 7300G as an extender/repeater?

I am 16 years old and in a month and a half I will be starting an I.T. traineeship so before I start I want to get some more experience with networking, I do have some knowledge in the subject and I have worked doing some networking before. Would this router be good for mucking around with and gaining experience as well as setting up a FTP server and doing some networking with Windows Server 2000 R2?

Thank Post
    Those devices that are only b/g will use it, the router supports all three standards at once. So no problem there. Remember that the router in question is probably a home user router, you won't find this kind of equipment in a business environment, unless it's just a normal office, then sure, you can learn with that.

Regarding Windows server 2008 r2, you can learn a lot by yourself.... When it comes to FTP servers, there are many different solutions... there is the standard MS FTP Server, and of course many third party ones... Serv-U is an example....I think you are best of learning this on location.

Thank Post
    be sure to checkout the draytek range of routers they are feature rich and rock solid build quality, also look at the new asus range of routers for comparison,

DrayTek Vigor - ADSL Routers Firewalls UTM VoIP IP PBX and Networking Products

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Networks

hope that helps

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread