+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Riso printers in Technical; Its owned not leased so I cannot argue it with the lease company about unreliable stuff, and as its only ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

Re: Riso printers

Its owned not leased so I cannot argue it with the lease company about unreliable stuff, and as its only done 1 million its not even run in yet for a riso, they should do many million before going wrong, I have photocopies that have 4 million on them and they are not even wearing out yet.

Mines an RP model so its not one of the inkjet HC range, its the other range they do IE super high speed single colour printing at speeds of 120+ppm.

The clause you mention I'm sure that when we had something similar happen with the Riso lot at my last place our legal experts looked at it and said there was a big catch to it but I cannot remember what it was as it was a few years ago.

I do remember there was a catch that in years 4 and 5 they can increase the running costs to anything they like and they can do it repeatedly in the same years and our legal experts asked them for that to be clarified and fixed down but they refused, they advised against the agreement due to that as they said they could, but of course not guarenteed to, raise the costs very high as you had to buy supplies from them only as part of the agreement to cover the costs back of paying off our old lease which was a very big one like yours, as well as covering the "free" copies.

Thank Post

Thanks for the info John, that gives me substance for a severe grilling when I talk to them next, and I can guarantee that we won't be signing up to anything unless 110% satisfied

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by amacken
    Anyone had any dealings with these ? I've been talking to them recently and offered a very very attractive proposal which will cut leasing and printing costs by nearly 50% (we currently spend 40k) 8O

Just wondering if anyone has come across them, or maybe using their printer HC5500

Thanks
    I am in the industry be very careful. This company are known for not paying settlements. The machine itself is good, but not a high quality colour, so depends what you want to print if it is just basic no problem. The copy charge is 0.4p b/w 2p colour. this machine without all the bits retails at about £24'500 a salesmen can sell it for approx £18'500, with your upgrade you will be financeing approx £46'500. Do the maths for this will cost you about £2950 p/q 5yrs. The contracts are WATER TIGHT and they dont mind going to court. Ask them for a purchase price and work out what it would cost you to finance and settle your present agreenent. i hope this is helpful good luck

Thank Post

Thanks oscarod, I'll bear that in mind

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12