+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Need help with this printer leasing lark... in Technical; Ok, i dont have a head for numbers. I'd even label myself as suffering from Dyscalculia , but im obviously ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Need help with this printer leasing lark...

Ok, i dont have a head for numbers. I'd even label myself as suffering from Dyscalculia, but im obviously not diagnosed.

I know that no one situation is the same. But if you were faced with the choice of either getting the printers free but having to buy a full set of toners for each printer twice a year or paying a price per sheet which is the best?

How do i work it out for myself?
    How do i work out if print leasing is worth it at my school?

Ive started by adding up what the cost of what our current printers cost to run, including the current rrp for the printer.

Unfortunately this is the point where i get put off and dont take it any further but i really cant handle anymore stress that our current printers give me!

Thanks!

Thank Post
    For the purchase toners option, first you need to make sure you will actually need 2 sets of toners per printer, next you need to calculate realistic cost per page. To do this, each toner should have a manufacturers estimate of the numbers of pages it will do, if the printer is mainly used for text, then take about 20% off the manufacturers figure, if used for graphics take 60% off, don't forget the other cosumable parts like drums etc. This will give you a realistic cost per page to compare to your lease cost and charge per page.

Thank Post
    Ideally you need a survey to work out what volumes of printing you currently have. Then, look at whether you expect to be able to reduce this volume (by better print management) or if it's going to continue at this level/increase. Then work out approximately how many prints you are going to get from each of the toners. This will obviously depend on what you are printing etc but you should be able to get approximations. Then work out what this equates to per page and compare.

Remember to take into account that some lease companies will include maintenance of the printers etc. If you get the printers free but buy the toners, what happens if the printers pack up? Etc.

All things to check.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Both packages im looking at so far basically fully maintain the printers, so one less hassle. It's just trying to work out which is better finanically. I cant honestly see it getting any better either.

Thank Post
    What are the two arrangements?

edit: and get yourself on Unofficial Chat, Miss Little-Miss!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread