+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Smart Board - Smart Notebook issue in Technical; Hello all. I am having a issue with the Smart Notebook software that is used in conjunction with Smart Boards. ...

Thank Post

Smart Board - Smart Notebook issue

Hello all. I am having a issue with the Smart Notebook software that is used in conjunction with Smart Boards. The issue is that when writing with the pen on the Smart Board in a new untitled notebook page, the writing will not display until after lifting up the pen from the board. This issue showed up after downloading a different version of Smart Notebook. I tried the newest version available from Smart Notebook and also tried downgrading, but the issue is still apparent. The PC OS is Windows XP SP3. I have confirmed that this is not a hardware issue since the OS image was ghosted to others PC's that experience the same issue with different Smart Boards.

Has anyone run into this issue yet? I am at a loss and haven't gotten much assistance from the vendor in resolving this issue. Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank Post

Issue with Software.

Hi There.

Can i ask which version of Notebook you are running?

It might be worth going to C:\ Program Files\ SMART Technologies \SMART Product Drivers\ and then connect the board directly to your PC (it cannot go through a faceplate).

Then double click on SMART Firmware Updater.exe and follow on screen instructions.

See if this works?

Thank Post
    I was first using version 10.6.94.0 but have since upgraded to the newest available version of 10.6.140.1. I will give those steps a try and post back the results.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    I tried the SMART Firmware Updater and when trying to detect, it was unable to detect the connected Smart Board. The Smart Board is connected directly to the PC via a vga/usb combo cable. I notice that the Smart Notebook service shuts down when running the firmware updater, is this normal?

Thank Post

SMART Board

If you connect the board to the PC directly without running the firmwareupdater.exe does the board work correctly?

When it is connected what colour is the status LED on the board showing? And is it flashing?

I am assuming you mean a Serial (9 pin) to USB cable here - make sure it is a SMART serial to USB cable.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread