+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Raid Controller help in Technical; Greetings I have a LSI 2610 AS SATA Raid controller. During POST I can see all the hard drives and ...

Thank Post

Raid Controller help

Greetings

I have a LSI 2610 AS SATA Raid controller. During POST I can see all the hard drives and inside windows 7 I can see the card in Device mananger... But can see any of my drives?

I looked for more upto date drivers but it seems the default drivers are the only ones I can get.

any idea as to how I can see my drives in Windows7?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Have you initiated the drive(s) that the LSI card is presenting to Windows 7 inside Windows?

To do this go to Start, Right Click on Computer, Select Manage, then on the new screen expand Storage and go to Disk Management in the middle of the screen that loads do you find any offline disks at all or disks that are not formatted / setup? If so that's probably from the LSI

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Have you initiated the drive(s) that the LSI card is presenting to Windows 7 inside Windows?

To do this go to Start, Right Click on Computer, Select Manage, then on the new screen expand Storage and go to Disk Management in the middle of the screen that loads do you find any offline disks at all or disks that are not formatted / setup? If so that's probably from the LSI

No Drives display in the Windows 7 Manager snap-in. I did initialise the drives in the "POST" Raid Config Utillity... I can see all the drives there even formatted them again. but once its done and starts up it said bois not loaded? Should i creat an array of atleast two drives to load the bios? I allso get a message that says No logical drives found?

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Hi,

Can you confirm which card you have, from any stickers on the card? Its either an Adaptec 2610SA or an LSI MegaRAID 150-6. Both are very old cards and I wouldnt expect to find specific Windows 7 drivers.

If its the LSI, the download page is here: Legacy Products : MegaRAID SATA 150-6 (523) : LSI

Either way, yes, you do need to create a RAID drive before you can use the disk in Windows.
    - If you want to access each individual disk in Windows, you will need to create a RAID 0 for each drive in the RAID BIOS
    - If you want to access the disks together on one volume, create a RAID 5 in the RAID BIOS.

However I should warn you now that the LSI Megaraid 150-6 and Adaptec 2610SA are very poorly performing cards, if you just want individual drive access (no RAID volumes) then a 20 SATA card will do much better.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_Sharrad View Post
    Either way, yes, you do need to create a RAID drive before you can use the disk in Windows.
    - If you want to access each individual disk in Windows, you will need to create a RAID 0 for each drive in the RAID BIOS
    - If you want to access the disks together on one volume, create a RAID 5 in the RAID BIOS.
    +1 on that, sounds like you haven't set up any disks or volumes on the RAID controller yet. You'll need to boot into the RAID controller's BIOS at startup and create an array for the OS to see. By default, a 'managed' RAID controller won't present any disks to the OS until they've been initialised and put into an array.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread