+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Fix for HP2015n Printers in Technical; Fogive me if somebody has already aired this - but I thought I should share: A couple of years ago ...
    Thank Post

Fix for HP2015n Printers

Fogive me if somebody has already aired this - but I thought I should share:

A couple of years ago (Summer 2008) we bought quite a few HP Laserjet 2015N printers. Over the past year these have been failing with various combinations of the display lights freezing, going offline, not waking up.

Often these could be reset (for a while) and would continue working.. but some wouldn't.. they just died..

A search of the HP forums revealed that quite a few HP printer owners were experiencing similar problems - sometimes HP would offer replacement mainboards, often they wouldn't..

I have found a fix that works - some chap on another forum, inspired by a similar games console failure/repair suggested this:

Remove the mainboard - pre-heat a domestic oven to 220 Degrees C - Place the mainboard in the oven for 5 minutes.

Take the board out - leave it to cool - refit it - and the printer works! (the last three dead printers here have been saved - even if they hadn't - no loss, if they hadn't been fixed they would have been scrap!)

It has been suggested the problems and related fix is to do with the moving of production to China and reformulation of solder to meet some waste regulations..

I hope this helps others..

Thank Post
    I did this same fix yesterday on a motherboard from an HP G6000 laptop(it kept switching off as soon as started.) 180 Degrees C for 8 minutes

been posted a couple of time before but thanks anyway

HP 2015DN Printer - Paper Jam Fix !!

Fixed: 2015N formatter board fault
    Last edited by JJonas; 4th August 2010 at 08:50 AM.

Thank Post
    And who said us geeks can't cook

Thank Post
    And there was I thinking I had discovered something..!

..it works though..!

Thank Post
    We have scrapped some where in the region of 200 of these little things even my home one went! No one has been brave enough to do it and HP just denied all knowledge of the problem in the first place!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    If anyone is scrapping one of these (perhaps a very over-cooked board) or a bigger fault, I am after the on-board Network connector for one of them! Some bright-spark pulled a filing cabinet forward with the printer on-top and instead of the patch lead ripping from the wall it ripped and mangled the printers end instead So could do with one to replace the mangled one to get a networked printer back. If anyone has a formatter board that's naff but has the socket for LAN i would be grateful of it

Thank Post
    I get my 2015 formatters from here HP Spares, Compaq Spares, DEC Computer Spare Parts | Chiltern IT Parts about 85 each.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread